Chapter 51

* Clay's pov*

*Valery- I need to talk to you.*

Happiness surrounds me, she still wants the talk to me even after the whole thing with Nate. At the pit of my gut I could feel the nerves of being rejected by her. Could I handle it? I'd have to for her.

I lean against the brick wall outside Valery's class waiting for her last class for the day to finish.

*Clay- see you after class nerdie Birdie*

A crowd of people start exiting the room as I send the message. I spot her with her head down with a confused look on her face probably in the middle of texting me.

"Boo" I chuckle as I grab her waist which she quickly pushes away in fear. Why is she so on edge?

"Are you okay?" I say growing concern but she shakes my comment off.

"How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me nerdie birdie." She says rolling her eyes as she starts to walk away, an unrecognisable smile playing on her lips.

"Sorry love, it's stuck now" I smile as I catch up to her.

"Gosh, desperate much" she mumbles under her breath.

"Pardon birdie?" I say and she shakes her head.

"Not you, all these girls. They honestly can't stop looking at you" She says her head down.

"Is someone jealous?" I smirk, bumping my shoulder into hers.

"No, it's just embarrassing for them" She says rolling her eyes.

"Yeah cause they'll never be as beautiful as you right now." I say slinging my arm around her shoulders which she quickly snaps her head up to look at me, her eyes sparkling with pure beauty.

"So why are you here right now?" She asks me obviously changing the subject. God I love how she gets awkward and shy when I compliment her.

"To spend the afternoon with you" I smile down at her, my arm still around her shoulders.

"Is that so? When did I agree to this?" She playfully smiles up at me. So gorgeous.

"I wasn't asking. I want to show you something." I smile as I lead her towards the beach. She doesn't say anything.

She wants to tell me something, well I so happened to find the perfect spot for her to tell me in private. I have to admit I was nervous she'd say no to coming with me but I had a feeling that she wouldn't resist.

"So where are you taking me?" She says as I finally drop my arm off her shoulders.

"You'll find out" I smirk down at her as we continue to walk side by side towards the water.

I could finally see the wharf, when I saw it the other day I just knew Valery would love it. It was quiet and peaceful so she could think and be alone.

"Oh my I've never been to the beach before" Valery sarcastically says as she comes to the conclusion that I'm showing her the beach. Silly silly girl.

"Oh we have a smartie pants on our hands now" I chuckle lightly. "We are almost there"

"Clay I know this will probably ruin the moment but I do have to talk to you" She says which causes the nerves in the pit of my stomach grow stronger.