Chapter 48

*Valery's pov*

Clay turns the engine off but we don't move, we still sit there quietly on the bike. I take my helmet off and look up at the dorm building, the sunset sinking behind it, none of the girls would be home yet. I'd have some alone time, I finally slide my leg over and hop off the bike.

"Valery I'm so sorry" he says ducking his head ashamed after taking his helmet off, finally getting off the bike as well.

"It's okay Clay, you were protecting me." I smile putting my hand on his arm to comfort him.

"I feel like such a fuck up, today was supposed to be good, bring back good memories but all it did was bring back bad ones." He sighs looking everywhere but my eyes.

"That's the past Clay, those memories stay in that town. I'd rather have new memories with you then old ones." I say and he finally looks at me but doesn't say anything.

"Do you want to come up for a while?" I ask him and he nods which I smile to. It's weird seeing him like this.

"Can you trust me Val?" He asks me out of nowhere as we walk towards my dorm.

"Clay" I sigh as I stop walking so I can look at him.

"It's a simple question Val" he says and I shake my head.

"No it's not that simple. I don't know Clay, I don't have any idea what's going on in my brain at the moment." I say and he drops his head knowing what he was thinking was right.

We start to walk again and when we are finally at the door I give Clay a glance before opening it which I quickly stop when I see who is inside.

"Valery?" Nate's eyes turn to me and then to Clay and the angry in Nates eyes spread.

"What the actual fuck!" Nate yells as I shut the door behind Clay and I.

"Great" Clay mumbles beside me, keeping quiet so Nate couldn't hear him. Today was definitely not our day, Clay was about to get into yet another physical fight.

"Nate calm down" I softly say, I was exhausted and just want to rest and watch tv.

"No Valery! I'm not going to fucking calm down! I just came here to visit my girlfriend who was "stuck with homework all weekend" and to cheer her up but I arrive and no one is fucking here. Thinking maybe she went to the shops but no she walks in the fucking door with that fucking asshole." Nate shouts walking closer to me, I feel like sinking to the floor.

I feel so bad, I am a complete bitch. I literally spent the whole weekend with Clay when I was invited on a holiday with my boyfriends family! Gosh I'm such a fuck up! Clay and I are both such fuck ups to be honest! I want to cry but I have to be strong.

"I'm so sorry Nate. I really did want to go this weekend but today was-" I start to explain myself but Nate scoffs.

"I don't need to hear your fake fucking excuses! I'm leaving." He says as he rushes past me and exits the dorm, slamming the door behind him.

"Hey are you okay?" Clay says from behind me, thank god he couldn't see my face because I was literally trying my best not to start crying.

"Please just leave Clay" I say still not moving. He obeys my command and sighs, leaving but only shutting the door softly behind him.

I flop on the couch and stare blankly at the ceiling. God I'm such an idiot, I hurt the one person who has literally tried his fucking hardest to be with me, he appreciated me, he loved me and I fucked it up. Why does Clay have to be here to fuck this all up for me? Why does Clay always crawl into my head instead of my boyfriend?

"Valery!!" Sienna shouts as she opens the dorm door. I fake a smile and sit up when I see her, gosh it feels like agers that I've seen her and Bella.

"Bell will be here soon and we are having a girly night!" She smirks as she collapses on the couch next to me. "So how was your weekend alone?" She asks, totally clueless at how eventful my weekend actually was.

"Eventful" is all I say which in return I get a confused look from her.

"Was Clay here?" She blinks and I keep looking at her wondering if I should just go for it and tell her and lie to her because that's just my bitchy selfish self. 

I need to tell someone, especially about the Nate part. 

"Yeah" I say and she looks at me, that look saying 'what the heck' but 'yay finally' which was an odd look.

"So what happened?" She sounds almost scared and that's when I tell her everything, from when he came with pizza and I made him stay to Nate yelling at me.

"Jesus Val" she says and I frown, I really didn't want to know what she thought, I was scared she was going to say I was a bad girlfriend and I don't deserve Nate which I don't. I was happy to have Bella walk in at this time so I don't have to listen to Sienna's advice, I knew I'm going to be the bad person in the situation and right now I don't want to be. Selfish I know.

"I'm home now lets do this!" Bella says as she walks into the dorm. Literally both my best friends love to make their appearance noticed when they walk in somewhere.

I watch Bella with a wide smile on my face, man I love her, I'll have to tell her what happened later. She's in way to much of a good mood to get mad at me.

"You better have ice cream" Sienna says getting off the couch, totally forgetting our previous conversation which I am glad to not have to think about it anymore for a while.

"Of course I do, Val I got you chocolate" she smiles widely as she hands us our goodies.

"You're a champ, thanks bell" I say giving her a massive hug.

"Are you okay babe?" She asks and I nod smiling widely as we watch Sienna make the brain breeze face from the ice cream.

"I definitely am" I smile, gosh these girls can literally always make my day one hundred percent better.

I completely love my best friends.