Chapter 23

*Clay's pov*

I sit in my car waiting for Valery to finish school, god I hope she'll like my date plans for tonight as much as I do. I know I was nervous, these feelings weren't very common to me but ever since Val and I have become close I start to feel it more often.

I notice Bella and Scott exit the school first, both of them traveling over to my car which I wasn't entirely happy about.

"How was afters?" I smile as they both stand at my open window.

"It was a wild night" Scott smirks, chuckling a little as Bella slaps his chest lightly.

"Oh I bet it was" I smirk at the couple.

"Shut up the two of you, the party was great. How about the rest of your night?" Bella asks me.

"She basically fell asleep as soon as we got home" I shrug, she had actually fallen asleep half way through the first movie but they didn't need to know that.

"Yeah she looked exhausted" Bella says.

"Are you guys talking about me?" We all jump as we hear Valery's voice from the other side of my car.

"Not everyone likes to talk about you twenty four seven" I wink as she laughs, jumping into the passenger side of my car.

"You do" she smirks as I laugh at her outburst.

"I'll catch you guys later, have fun tonight" Bella smiles looking from Val to me as Scott and her walk off with wide smiles on there faces liking what they just witnesses.

"You ready to take off?" I say to the beautiful girl next to me.

"Sure am" she smiles  as I start the car and drive to her house for her to quickly get changed.

She ran up to her room as I quickly changed from my causal day clothes to more appropriate clothes for tonight and then went into the Lounge room looking though my phone. Ten minutes later she was back down with a beautiful dress on and her face freshly powdered with makeup, looking stunning as ever.

"Ready?" I smile as she slips on her shoes with a wide smile playing on her lips.

"Yep" she said poping the 'p' as we walk out the door and back into my Range Rover.

The sun was going down slowly, knowing we still had a few short hours until it would be gone for the day as we drive closer into the city.

"We're going into the city?" She looks at me with excitement dancing in her eyes.

"You bet beautiful" I quickly smile at her and then look back at the crowded road.

After watching Valery stare out at the city like a puppy with its tongue blowing out the window, I had finally found the place we were attending to and lucky us there was a parking spot right near the place.

"Are we here?" She says excitedly and for the first time since we entered the city she looked at me.

"We sure are" I say as I quickly jump out of the car and lightly jog over to her side to open the door for her.

"Why thank you" she chuckles rolling her eyes, trying to tell me that I didn't need to do that. But the thing is I wanted to.

After locking the car and grabbing her hand she finally had a look up and down my body as I tried not to smirk at her checking me out.

"You look good" she looks back up to my eyes which were covered in shock.

"I always look good" I wink and she laughs shoving my shoulder softly.