Chapter 58

*Valey's pov*

All was white and silent. Dead silent.
Was I dead? Am I dead?
Was I seriously killed by bloody Jordan. The boy who annoyed me my whole childhood. How ironic.

I wanted to open my eyes but fear wasn't allowing me to. Fear of what I'd see if I did open them.

My body. I couldn't even begin to explain the pain. I was to afraid to even move. My head is pounding and everything else aches. My right leg feels really heavy, now that leg was just impossible to move. Still I didn't want to open my eyes to see why.

I ears prick up when I hear the noice of a door quietly opening and the light shuffle of feet walking across the ground.

Help me. I'm here.

I force my eyes open, the harsh light quickly blinding me, causing me to re-close them.

"Good morning Miss Hawkins, I'm Dr Lavender. You are in hospital right now, I just need to ask a few questions about the accident if that's okay" a humming comes from the right hand side of the room.

I slowly open my eyes again, adjusting my eyes to the bright light. I shift my eyes up to the wrinkled brown eyes who were worryingly stare back at me. I smile to assure her I was ready to talk.

"How are you feeling?" She says sitting down in the seat beside the bed, a clipboard and pen in her hands.

"Everything aches" I mumble, finally remembering the heaviness on my right foot. I try to look down at my leg which the doctor notices and is quick to explain.

"You're leg is in a cast at the moment, you broke it when the car flipped. The leg was every scratched up and red, was it stuck?" She asks.

damn how do these people just manage to find out the exact story behind situations like this without asking the witnesses or being there themselves.

I nod, I couldn't form anymore words. My throat was so dry it hurt to swallow. I notice the cup of water sitting on the table beside me. I start to move my arm to reach out to grab it but gasp in pain as pain shoots up in my arm to my shoulder.

"Careful, the bullet wound is still very fresh. Let me help you" she says as she picks up the cup and brings it to my lips.

I am not enjoying this at all.

"When can I leave?" I ask her once the water had made my throat moist again.

"Well you have a few stitches from the glass and bruises from impact but they shouldn't be anything to worry about. We mostly want to watch that bullet wound of yours and need to get your leg checked out. Also we have the police who want to discuss your accident. So maybe one or two days." She smiles.

"Police? Why?" I say starting to panic. What was I supposed to say to them? So my ummm- ex boyfriend has a enemy, probably because of drugs and wants to get to him so decides to hurt me. And on top of that, the enemy is probably my childhood friend.

Dr Lavender turns her head to the door to signal whoever was at the door to come into the room. I watch as a young nurse walks in and stands beside Dr Lavender, looking down at me with pity in her eyes.

I couldn't blame her, I'm pitying myself right now too.

"Usually there is no need but you were found with a bullet wound, that's not normal in a car crash. They will be here in the afternoon." She says and I nod waiting for her to introduce me to the nurse who was still examining my damage.

"This is nurse Katy, she will be helping you whenever needed. Did you want her to call anyone in the meantime?" She says and I nod.

Clay.
His face was the first face to pop into my mind.
No, why'd clay have to come to mind first? I had to call Bella, she would be worried sick.

"Yes please." I nod slightly and I give the nurse Bella's name and number.

"I'll go and give her a call," The nurse sweetly smiles and then turns to exit the room.

"Okay thanks Katy, now you rest up Valery. I'll come check on you in a while." Dr lavender smiles down at me and then exits the room as well. Leaving me totally alone again.

I decide to listen to the doctors advice and close my eyes. If I was asleep my body won't be aching.

"Valery oh my god!" A loud voice wakes me up from my numbing sleep.

Remembering how bright the room was I slowly open my eyes this time. Bella, followed by Sienna are rushing towards my damaged body on the bed.

"Hi guys" I slightly smile, my voice croaky again.

"What the fuck happened!" Sienna said as they both scan my body, staring intensely at all the damage.

"Car crash." I say and Sienna gives me a look like well duh.

"I know that, but how, like what?" Sienna says trying to form the right words. I glance at Bella and she still hasn't looked me in the eyes, her eyes still wonder over my body, her eyes glassy.

"Bella, I'm okay now" I smile as I try to reach over to hold her hand, ignoring the pain in my arm. I don't want them to see how much pain I'm in right now.

"No you're not Val. I was so worried. When I got the call I feared you were gone forever." She said, her eyes finally looking up to mine, sadness covers them. I didn't like it. I didn't want to be the reason for her sadness.

"I'm so sorry Bella" I didn't know what else to say. I was sorry for making her sad. I didn't want that.

"No shut up. I'm sorry for being all emotional. Gosh I'm such a drama queen." She coughs out a forced laugh as she wipes the tears away. "I'm just glad you're okay now." She smiles down at me.

I wanted to say that she wasn't being a drama queen. She was being the amazing best friend she has always been and I loved her for it.

"The boys are all here but we told them to stay outside. You need rest not crazy boys everywhere." Sienna smiles.

Was clay here? Does he know what's happening? He was supposed to come over last night. But if he was here he would never listen to the girls to tell him to stay out of the room.

"Nate is here too" Sienna says, noticing I was in deep thought. Wrong boy Sienna.

Why was Nate here anyways? Isn't he to busy ignoring and hating me?

"Clay's not here. He is still out looking for you. I tried calling him but no response." Bella says knowing exactly who I was thinking of.

He needs to know I'm okay, I don't want him to do something he'll regret.

"I'll go give him a call, you rest okay." Bella says noticing the panic on my face.

"I love you guys" I softly say and the two of them sweetly smile down at me as they both tell me they love me too and exit the room.

Once again alone. I hope Bella reaches Clay.