- One.

Normani Kordei Hamilton.

Have you ever been so tired, that you're not able to wake up when you're woken?

"Normani Kordei Hamilton!"

Sometimes I think I can't wake up because of what my father once told me. It could either be demons keeping me from waking up, or people who have passed on trying to get in contact with me. Sometimes I like to think that its the second one, but I can't think of any times when someone really has gotten to me.

"Normani Kordei Hamilton!"

And you know that thing where you try to open your eyes, but you just can't because when you open them, they close again. Sometimes I think it's because of the evil spirits, but then again, I think that it's because I'm so tired.

"Normani! Don't make me tell Daddy to get the water!"

Now I'm won over.

I slowly open my eyes, groaning as I do so. My back hurts, all my muscles hurt, my head hurts --- my everything hurts.

"I knew that would get you up."

I look up and am met with the deep brown eyes of my sister, staring down at me in amusement.

"What time is it?" I ask, trying to move so that I can see the time on the nightstand, but it hurts too much, so I don't.

"A little bit past eight." Arielle responds with a pearly white smile. I note how her face is packed with makeup.

"Where are you going so dressed up so early in the morning?" I ask, even though I'm not able to see her outfit.

"Uh, girl its Sunday. Where the hell have you been sleeping?"

"Right." I sigh and slowly lift my body off of the matress so that I can stretch, making little animalistic noises as I do. I feel like I need a back -- no, I need a full body massage. ASAP.

"You might want to take a shower and then let me do your make-up." My older sister suggests, and I look up at her in confusion. "Because you're not getting rid of those bags under your eyes easily. Damn girl, what were you doing last night."

I sit up against my headboard, trying to get used to the fact that I'm actually awake, while Arielle sits on the edge of my bed, trying not to disturb all the papers scrawled across it.

"These are like two songs Mani." She picks up the pages and looks at them in awe. "Two." She repeats and then looks at me. "And you did these both last night?"

"I got inspired." I shrug and cover my yawn. "Now I regret it because I can't seem to feel the rest of my body."

Arielle sighs, and I see she's conflicted. "It's okay, you don't have to say anything, I know what you're thinking."

"Well you know what to do with these." She hands me the sheet music, getting up from my bed. "Call me when you need me to do the make up, I was serious."

Once Arielle leaves my room, I ask God for all the strength in the world to help me get out of bed. I was asleep in a sitting position for less than two hours, and everything hurts.

I swing my legs over the bed, wincing in pain before yawning and stretching each of my arms out individually, and then together.

I gather all my pages together, making sure that they're in order, before pulling down the suitcase from the top of my closet. I make sure the door is closed before opening the old suitcase, revealing a lot of old memories that make me sad, so I decide to hurry the process up.