- Twenty Four.

Normani Kordei Hamilton.

I blindly reach over to my bedside table to put my alarm off, but I'm confused when all my hand is met with, is a soft surface.

I open my eyes and find that I'm groping the couch, but my phone is still nearby, so I quickly locate it and stop it from making a noise.

When I try and lift myself, however, I can't. That's when the reality has me straight in the face. Well, literally. A whole bundle of dark hair is splashed across my face and neck, and a warm body is clinging to mine.

My dreams are really... creative. So I decide to rather not guess who it is, based on my thoughts, but just see who it is first.

I reach down and carefully brush the locks aside, just to pout at the adorable, and very persuasive younger version of Dinah.

Persuasive. The girl literally almost threw a tantrum and had a fit after her parents pitched up at the door in Dinah's car, demanding the keys to the minibus. She refused to go home because apparently she wanted to spend quality sister time with Dinah, and play princess with me.

I had no objections... But Dinah.

"But I want to stay with DJ!"

Milika gives me a small smile, but it's not really happy or friendly. It's one of those don't embarrass me, I'm going to beat your ass when I get home smiles.

"No, sweetie. Dinah and Normani have work in the morning, we have to let them sleep." Milika says sweetly, but through gritted teeth.

Oh, the art of different people who share the same characteristics. For example, all moms have this thing where when they cook for the family, they're really chilled and make whatever, but when there's a guest over, they have to show out. Another example is regarding white people. Caucasians have developed this type of... ventriloquist act.

You ever noticed sometimes when you're in shopping centres and the kids are acting out, that you hear someone scolding them, and you know it's the parents, but you never see their mouths move?

The beauty of being a parent.

"Please mom?" Regina resorts to begging as Gordon tends to the other screaming kids in the background, getting them all in the vehicle safely. "I promise I'll be good, I just really want to stay with DJ." She looks over at her older sister with dramatic widened eyes, and a pout to match.

I watch on as Dinah huffs and looks at her mother for help, but Milika eventually gives up, shrugging for Dinah to control the matter.

Dinah sighs and nods. "You can stay. But no funny business." She warns the toddler. "No screaming and jumping and eating sweets and waking me up."

"Yaaay!" Regina cheers, skipping over to Dinah, who's rolling her eyes, but secretly smiles when the younger Hansen appreciatively wraps her arms around her legs.

"Yeah, yeah. Go get your pyjamas out of my drawer and put them on, hopefully they'll still fit."

Regina obeys happily, and runs into Dinah's room, searching through the cupboard for her night wear.

"I'm sorry, she's just a bit... excited at times." Milika attempts to explain, but Dinah snorts.

"It's okay." I speak up, because it was to me who Milika was apologising. "I love kids."

"Yeah well, we'll be up to pick her up in the morning." Milika tells Dinah, satisfied with my response. "So stop pouting." She scolds her eldest creation. "We'll see you two in the morning."