- Forty Two.

Stop making fun of my mistakes, and recommend me Kehmani, thanks.

Unedited.

Normani Kordei Hamilton.

"You look adorable." Dinah teases me as she gently slides the shades off of my face. "Wearing glasses in the building."

"I'm tired." I reply truthfully before reaching forward and pecking her lips, sneakily taking my shades back. Or were they Kehlani's? Oh well. They're mine now. I was tired as hell. From smoking.

I didn't like working on a Sunday, but I felt that I was inspired. Between my new found relationship, and my temporary high, I found myself begging Kehlani to take me to work to write. I needed the studio space.

"Well be untired." Dinah instructs me. "Because we're going on a date today."

"Oh?" I raise an eyebrow. "We're going on a date, that I didn't agree to?"

"Oh. Well then I got the tail end of that one." She chuckles, rubbing the back of her neck. "I thought since we were together...no?"

"No." I confirm.

"So I need to ask?" She asks, making sure of what she needed to do.

"It'd be nice, thanks." I smirk, and she offers me a nervous smile as she takes both of my hands in her own and interlocks our fingers together.

"Well, Normani." She clears her throat. "Would you, do me the honour of-"

"-you're not proposing, are you?" I cut her off, and watch as a smile spreads across her face.

"You wish." She says, causing me to raise an eyebrow again, but all is forgiven when she gives me an apologetic smile. Psh. As if she wouldn't want to marry me. "Would you do me the honour of coming on a date with me later this afternoon?" She raises our hands cutely.

"No." I smile, bursting her bubble.

"Really?"

"Jokes. But only later later this afternoon." I state my condition. "Like a late lunch, because I'm trying to work."

"It's fine with me." Dinah shrugs before bringing my right hand up to her mouth, and laying a kiss on it, causing me to blush.

"Wait. Why are you here today?" I ask, genuinely confused. It's nap Sunday.

"Had to come collect some things." She jabs a thumb towards the door, and then leans forward, giving me a quick peck. "But I do have to get on with some work, so I'll leave, but you'll text me when you're done, yeah?" She asks, a hopeful tease to her usually deep tone.

"Yeah." I grin before capturing her lips in mine, making sure that she ends up thinking about me later.

"Oh?" She wipes her mouth once we part.

"Oh." I wink before jokingly pushing her away. "Now shoo, go away."

"Fine. See you later." She bids me farewell, her eyes smiling as well.

I give her a playful wave before sitting down and reaching into the third drawer, retrieving the USB stick that Zayn had given me. After making sure that my laptop has no hassles, I insert the stick into the USB port and look for the desired instrumental that I had renamed to "good", because I really liked it.

I double clicked on it, and allowed the slow starting instrumental to shower the room with unusual melodies, while I began humming, trying to find some sense of direction. I even went as far as getting a pen and notepad, but I couldn't think of a topic, and rather just continued humming, because it was currently working for me. I promised myself I'd be relaxed.