- Twenty Seven.

Normani Kordei Hamilton.

"Hey there boo bear." I roll my eyes as Kehlani saunters around the corner into the room with a goofy smile on her face and two steaming cups in her hands. "How is my honey doing today?"

"I'm stressed." I say honestly as I sit up a little straighter, allowing space for her to sit down next to me. "But if one of those is for me, then I could be a little less stressed." I point at one of the cups, and she smirks, handing it over.

"Two sugars and milk, just how you like it." She says proudly, sipping on her own coffee. "Here's your change." She adds, giving me a slip with a coin inside.

"Thank you very much." I beam before taking a sip of my own coffee, enjoying as it hits the beginning of my throat. Coffee was good, but not just any coffee, coffee from the cafè that Kehlani once took me to, was phenomenal.

"Wow." I breathe after a few silent seconds. "I never thought that I would ever say that."

"Thank you very much?" She asks, slightly confused and I giggle at the amount of concentration she's putting into thinking back further.

"Yeah... well, no." I chuckle. "I meant thank you for coffee. I would never see myself drinking coffee."

"Mhm. Well you do now." She shrugs as she takes another sip. "So how are you and Finah coming along?"

"With?" I ask cautiously.

"Well with the song." She says, causing me to realise what she's talking about. "Unless there's something else?" She asks hopefully, and I rub my lips together, shaking my head.

"Nope." I sigh. "I don't think that she's interested, and it'd be weird if I made a move." I admit, and before Kehlani can even attempt to speak some sense into me, I cut her off. "And the song? Not so good. I don't think that it's possible to do what Zayn is forcing us to. He's basically painting my image with lyrics and no audio."

"I'm sure Dinah can make magic on the sound board." Kehlani shrugs as if it's not a big deal.

I've never been this frustrated with music before. I'm at that point where I wanna start clawing, and sticking my nails into random things.

"You don't under... stand." I take a deep breath as I try to keep my composure. "Can you change the subject?" I ask nicely. "If you're going to keep me company until Dinah comes..."

After a few more failed attempts of Dinah trying to put an instrumental together, she offered to go and get us food. She also asked if I wanted to come along, but I really couldn't deal then. I had to lay down, stare at the ceiling and think about my life.

"Well..." the mixed woman's eyes dart around the well kept room quickly. "Uh..." her eyes land on me, and she smirks. I roll my eyes, knowing she's going to say something relating to me. "I love your jacket." She tugs at the sleeve lightly as she looks over it in admiration. "Where did you get it?"

"It uh..." I clear my throat as my name runs over the "A". It had been really cold lately, and this was the first thing I found this morning. My leather jacket simply couldn't save me, I could feel it. "It's actually Arin's."

"Oh." Kehlani raises her eyebrows as she lets out a laugh. "Oh." She repeats again, and I squint my eyes at her.

"Oh, what?"

"Oh he lets you wear his clothes." She elaborates.

"And so?" I ask defensively, not sure what she's getting at.

"And so y'all are basically dating. Sharing clothes, talking over the phone everyday..." she trails off, her mouth forming that charming smirk before she takes another sip of coffee.