- Thirty Two.

Dinah Jane Hansen.

"Ugh."

I furrow my brows as I drag the brush through my hair, straightening out the previous curl.

"Ugh."

I feel a smile forming on my lips, but I don't even try to stop it as I listen to Normani groan.

"Stupid."

My smile grows as stare at my reflection, and listen to her speaking to herself.

"Stupid piece of- ugh. Oh My God."

Not being able to contain myself any longer, I put the brush down, and wearing my best smile, I waltz down the hall to Normani's room, where she's still arguing with herself.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid." She begins chanting and I try and hold my giggle as I enter her room unannounced.

"Hey Man- woah." I cut myself off, and Normani turns around, one hand still behind her back as she looks at me.

"Oh. Good Morning." She smiles and then pulls a face once more as her arm falls limp at her side.

"Hello." I wave shyly as my eyes travel over her gorgeous athletic frame. For someone who "hated" exercising, she could sure maintain her body. "You look... wow."

Normani doesn't even try to hide her own smile as she sighs and relaxes her arm completely. "Thank you. You look wow as well. Are you going to church, or walking the red carpet?" She asks jokingly, and I roll my eyes.

"Of course to church, but the people there treat it like a red carpet anyway, so..." I shrug, leaving my statement hanging in the air.

"I hate that." She mumbles softly, and I look at her for a while until she decides to elaborate. "People who go to church to dress up. I mean, sure you need to look good, its the house of the Lord. But then again, it is the house of the Lord. At least work the hem on your dress and let it go. God already knows what you look like everywhere, you don't need to wear short dresses to show off your-"

"-Mani." I chuckle, cutting her off, seeing how heated she's quickly becoming. "It's not that serious, chill."

"I know." She sighs once more and sits down, playing with the necklace hanging around her neck. "I just really dislike judgemental people."

"Me more." I agree and then take note of how beautiful her necklace is. "Pretty necklace." She smiles and looks down at the part of the necklace that she's holding. "For a pretty girl." I add quickly, and she giggles.

"Smooth, Dinah Jane. Smooth as hell."

"So?" I press on as I take a seat next to her on the bed. "Where did you get it from? Looks valuable."

"It is." She replies quietly. "To me." She adds quickly. "It was... it was my Mom's." She confesses in a shaky voice. "She wore it all the time, so I think it's only right that I do, because it reminds me a lot of her."

"I'm sure she was an amazing woman." I try, placing my hand on top of her unoccupied one.

"She was." Normani agrees, looking off into the distance with a small smile on her face. "She was." She repeats, and then looks back at me.

For a second, we just stare at each other. Okay, its more than a second. More than a few even.

Her eyes.

They're beautiful. Brown eyes are underrated.

Normani's seem to change colour, and I may be crazy, because I know that its normal to see two different shades in two different lightings, but hers... they're hypnotising.