- Forty Four.

Normani Kordei Hamilton.

"Are you aware that our boss is eyeing you as if you're a sexy piece of chocolate?" Kehlani asks, sliding onto the couch next to Tinashe. "I mean, who wouldn't? But still."

"As much as I hate to admit this." Tinashe pauses her paging. "Lani's right."

"And you hate to admit it?" Kehlani asks, sounding highly offended.

"Yeah, well, it's you." The light haired girl says, as if it justifies her reasoning. "And you're not only my colleague, but also my best friend, so it has to make me hate to admit that sometimes you don't just pull words out of your ass."

"Right." Kehlani sideyes her and then turns to me. "Anyway, so are you aware?"

"I wasn't, until you pointed it out." I mumble, groaning as I lose my train of thought, and grip the pen tightly, hoping to release some of my frustration.

"Are you fine?" Kehlani asks, ignoring me. "Because earlier..." she trails off, causing Tinashe to perk up.

"Earlier what?" She asks, sitting up, abandoning her fashion magazine. "Are you okay Mani?"

"I'm fine." I reply, this time honestly. Dinah just made me feel better, even with her presence. "I was just a little homesick."

"Speaking of homesick." Kehlani raises her eyebrow. "When are you going to take us on a tour of your hometown?"

"Yeah Mani." Tinashe voices as well, making me raise an eyebrow this time.

"When did we decide that we were going anywhere?" I ask, my eyes flickering between the two of them. "And is this a thing now? Agreeing with her?" I ask Tinashe, who just shrugs.

"Do you have any brothers?" Tinashe changes the subject, and I furrow my brows.

"No."

"Sisters?" Kehlani asks, and I turn to her, already knowing her intentions, but I'm not about to lie.

"Two. Three if you count my best friend." I shrug as I swivel around in the chair.

"Yes!" Kehlani fist pumps and I roll my eyes. "Since blondie got you, maybe I can try my luck with other chocolate."

"Good luck with that." I wish her as I begin doodling on the page, watching Zayn talking to Dinah, but keeping his eye on me. Once I begin to get unconfortable, I avert my eyes. "As far as I know, all of them are very good at playing hard to get, and unfortunately, they don't date your type." I inform her.

"Fuckboy?" Tinashe guesses, but I shake my head no.

"Female."

"We'll see." Kehlani scoffs. I then make eye contact with Zayn, who's talking to my girlfriend, who has her back turned to me. He winks at me, and I can't help but swallow harshly. Is he really hitting on me, or am I just imagining things?

Then thankfully, a distraction, I mean matchstick, I mean toothpick, I mean lollipop, I mean Gigi walks in, smoothly dodging Dinah to kiss Zayn on the cheek.

"You've been quiet." Kehlani observes, but I shush her, causing her to raise her eyebrows at me before coming to join me, probably making it as noticeable as possible. "Oh. You're looking at that needle."

"Gigi?" Tinashe asks as she shakes her head in advance. "That girl knows that he's-" she scoffs. "Why would you mess with someone who already has someone? I mean, its not public knowledge, but still."

"He has another girl?" Kehlani and I ask in unison. "Wait." She shakes her head at Tinashe. "Are you trying to say that him and Camila...?" She leaves her question hanging in the air, waiting for us to assemble the rest of it.