- Forty Nine.

Normani Kordei Hamilton.

"I don't know Mani, are you sure that you can trust this guy?" Tinashe asks, her dark eyes trained on the rapper, currently having a conversation with Kehlani, who has surprisingly taken a liking to him.

"Yeah." I decide on the spot. "I mean, if Kehlani trusts him enough to have a proper conversation with him..." I trail off, already realising where I went wrong with that statement.

"Proper, Kehlani, and conversation in one sentence? The weed you're smoking must be heavy. Share." She begins. "And they're probably just having a relatable conversation about how hot you are." She continues, shaking her head at the slightly excited pair.

Maybe she's right.

"He apologised." I defend the man. "And it sounded sincere, so based on instinct... he sounds like a good guy."

"Sounds?"

"Is." I correct both her and myself. "He is a good guy."

"If you say so." Tinashe mumbles as she pushes herself up off of the wall. "But he tries one wrong move..." she warns, sliding her thumb across her neck. "You know where to find me." I nod obediently. I love this overprotective nature. "I'll go get you guys some coffee, and get Dinah." She sighs as she turns to leave. "Come on Lani." She throws over her shoulder, and Kehlani, surprisingly immediately obeys as she raises her hand, greeting Travis.

"See you later Mami." She winks as she walks past me, causing me to smile at her behaviour. Even though she knew that I was with Dinah, she never stopped showing me love - in her own way of course.

I ignore her verbally, and choose to sit down in my chair, using my foot to pat the other one, alerting Travis that he too, should sit. He chuckles and plants himself down in the other chair, his fingers rubbing his chin.

"She yours?"

"What?" I blink, trying to make sense of the question. I didn't speak whatever he spoke.

"Is she yours?" He adds words, as if it helps. He laughs at my lost expression. "Are you dating her?" He elaborates, and I laugh myself.

"Not at all."

"For real?" He asks in an unconvincing tone. "How not?"

"What do you mean how not?" I ask, unable to wipe the amusement off of my face. "How, is the real question."

"I don't know. The way she looks at you, the way she talks to you, the way you entertain her..." he trails off. "Sounds pretty together to me. Even if it is early days."

"Well, your together and my together, not the same thing." I reply, a smile still on my face.

Me and Kehlani? No. Not at all. Never.

Me and Dinah though.

"What's the idea of your together then?" He asks, sitting back and raising his brows as if he's daring me to answer.

"Is it really nece-"

"-Hey, sorry I took so long to come." Dinah interrupts, walking in with her opened laptop. "It died on the way here. Have you seen my charger?"

I frown as I begin searching the premises for her charger, thinking that she left it here because I was using her laptop yesterday.

"Look what I found." A proud Jordin, with her hair in a slick ponytail, announces as her smile covers her face - I swear she smiles with all her teeth - and a black cord hanging from her hand.

"Thank Goodness." Dinah breathes as she sets her laptop down and accepts the cord from Jordin with a brief "Thanks", and plugs it into the wall. "Sorry." She apologises again as she plugs the cord into her laptop. "I was just a little lost, didn't mean to come in so rude."