- Twenty Nine.

Three Days Later. May 31.

Normani Kordei Hamilton.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Mani, happy birthday to you."

A lazy smile pops up on my face and I keep my eyes closed. "Mariah, is that you?"

"Oh, hush Annoying." I feel the bed dip a little, and open my eyes to see Dinah's long, creamy legs running down the bottom of the bed. "Now get your fat ess up so you can blow out these candles before I burn the house down. It almost happened before."

I playfully roll my eyes and sit up, just to see Dinah holding a single cupcake with a tiny candle in it. "Blow." She instructs, and I oblige, blowing the candle. "Did you make a wish?"

"Nope."

"Mani, you're an idiot. Why didn't you make a wish?"

"Because I only believe in the wishing well, not in candles." I admit before pressing a sloppy kiss against her cheek. "Thank you, Dinah."

"No problem." She blushes and then takes the cupcake away. "You can't have cupcakes before you have breakfast." She says sternly. "Now get your pretty ess in the shower, wash all that sweat and yesterday's germs off, and get it to the kitchen so we can eat."

"Okay." I shrug and make my way to the bathroom, opting for a quick shower because I don't want to prolong things.

When I'm done, I throw on a cute outfit, because I can't be looking dry on my birthday, and get my hair done.

I'm actually twenty one today, and I have no idea how I'm going to spend it. Probably working. Kehlani said that she had a surprise gift for me, and I don't know if I should be keen or not on accepting it.

I stroll into the kitchen, just to find Tinashe already here. I just expected to spend a bit of time with Dinah, but I really didn't mind having her over.

"Hey birthday girl." She beams, and I see Dinah smile in the background as she divides the eggs onto plates. "I missed you." She adds, opening her arms to hug me.

I smile and hug her back. "I missed you too."

Now that I think of it, I haven't seen Tinashe in a while. And I mean a while. Maybe three or four days. I actually really do miss her.

"Since you got this new job, all you wanna do is neglect me." She sounds fake hurt, and I roll my eyes playfully. "Happy birthday. I hope that this one is kick ass, and that you'll have plenty more birthdays so that we can turn up."

"Hey, that puts my birthday speech to shame." Dinah whines as she gets out some plates.

"You didn't even have a birthday speech." I point out. "But okay."

"I sang for you."

"Yeah, yeah, wasn't all that special anyway." I playfully roll my eyes and Tinashe chuckles at Dinah soft glares at me.

"I come bearing hugs and kisses for the now twenty one year old love of my life."

All I see is Kehlani skipping in before pushing Tinashe aside, giving me a tight hug. "Happy birthday Mami." She mumbles in my neck, and I can't help but giggle because I feel ticklish.

"Thank you." I say honestly. Ally and my sisters couldn't make it, but at least these girls are making me happy.

"I actually-"

Kehlani is cut off by my phone ringing in the waistband of my pants, and I give her an apologetic look before answering it. "Hello?"

"Happy birthday Moni!"