- Twelve.

Normani Kordei Hamilton.

"It's not that I disowned him, or he disowned me or anything." I shrug as I look around the empty studio. "I just... I don't know where we stand anymore Arin."

"Should I talk to him for you?" Arin offers, and I feel my heart swell at his offer, but I decide to decline.

"No, talking to him is something that I have to do on my own." I sigh, watching with knitted eyebrows as Dinah walks into the studio. "Can I call you back?"

"Yeah sure." He responds happily as I begin to struggle tying my shoelaces and balancing the phone. Dinah sees my predicament and comes over to help me. "I'm here anytime of the day."

"K, bye." I reply before ending the call. "Thanks." I mumble to Dinah, who's in the process of tying right knots into my sneakers laces.

"No problem." She gives me a toothy smile and then finishes up, strolling back over to where she was setting her laptop up, exactly where Zayn sits.

"Did you forget something?" I ask curiously, unable to put together the pieces that would tell me why she's here.

"No, why?"

God, why is she making this so hard? She just wants me to come right out and say it, doesn't she?

"What are you doing here then?"

"Well, initially, I came to speak to Zayn, but because of that freaked out look on your face, I guess I came to hear you sing as well." She smirks, and I roll my eyes. "What? You don't sing at home, now I have to travel all this way to hear you sing?"

"I sing in the shower." I point out, and she chuckles.

"I'm not awake that time. Well, most of the time." She frowns, but her face picks up when she sees Zayn entering the studio... with... Camila behind him. "Hey Z." She smiles, bringing the dark haired man in for a hug.

For the first time ever, I see Zayn smile, he smiles as he wraps his now fully tattooed arms around my housemate. The two seem close.

"Normani." He gives me a nod as a greeting. I nod back, adding a little smile as he sits down next to Dinah.

"Hi." Dinah says rather quietly to Camila, and Camila, in turn, just scowls.

"What are we, Nan-Normani and I doing today?" Camila asks, only speaking to Zayn.

"Well, I wanted to have you two do a YouTube cover to pick up some likes, but then since Normani did a remix type of thing, I was thinking that you guys record it, and I release it on my YouTube page." He says, and I raise my eyebrows, semi-impressed.

The people loved Zayn, so I would definitely get exposure on his YouTube channel, but there was only one thing on my mind. What if they don't like me? What if they like her?

"And hopefully that will help me make my decision." He smirks, probably seeing my panic. "You know, let the public choose."

I bite down on my lower lip and look at my fingers.

"And you know what else? Dinah here will help you."

"I will?" The blonde sounds confused, and then clears her throat. "I mean, I will." She states.

"Yeah, we don't want it to sound too much like the studio version, do we?" He quips, and both Camila and I shake our heads. "Then it's settled." He claps his hands together with a freakishly cute smile on his face. "Dinah and I will just finish up here, then you can get the girls, okay?"

"Okay." Dinah shrugs and then sends me a wink.

Dinah and Zayn start speaking, and I stare down at my phone, replying to all my text messages, until I feel eyes on me.