- Eleven.

Normani Kordei Hamilton.

"Normani!"

...

"Normani!"

...

"Normani!"

"Huh?" I open my eyes slowly, just to be met with the deep, dark brown eyes of Dinah, staring back at me.

"Oh, you're up." She smiles, and I glare at her. Today I broke my streak. I didn't wake up by myself, and I was having an amazing dream, so I wasn't in the best of moods. "Today is Sunday, and I'm going out of the city to my family's house for lunch." She says, as I sit up, rubbing at my eyes. "Do you want to come?"

"No thanks." I mumble and look down at my lap. It's not that I didn't want to go with Dinah, it's just that I wasn't in the mood for socialising. I just wanted to lay down in bed, all day.

"Are you sure?" Dinah asks, sort of sounding concerned. "I'm not sure if its a good idea to leave you here alone."

"I'm not suicidal." I laugh, referring to last night's events. "I'm just not in the mood to go anywhere. I just want to lay down and sleep, all day."

"Girl, that's been my dream ever since I started and ended with school." She says, causing me to smile. That was my dream too. "But I guess that I could leave you here. The pizza menu is on the table and the phonebook is there if you want to try anything else. If you need help with transportation -"

"-Which I won't." I interrupt her. I was adamant on not going anywhere.

"-then you call me and I'll help you out. Okay?"

"I don't even have your number." I point out, and she motions for me to give her my phone.

I unlock it and hand it over to her, and not before long, she gives it back. "I put in the WiFi password as well." She adds. "And there's a spare key on top of the door frame, since I'll be locking the door when I leave. Also, there's a-"

"-God, I feel like such a teenager right now." I cut her off, and she chuckles before continuing.

"-there's a leg of lamb in the freezer, and some other stuff if you want to go all homecooked." She completes her sentence. "And also, I cleaned the house when I got up super early this morning, so don't stress."

"Thanks." Is all I can say right now. I was half thanking her for helping me get over my father, and also thanking her for giving me a place to stay with all these benefits.

"No problem. Now get your stinky ess up and in the shower and then into bed."

"What's an ess?" I ask, getting up from the couch to stretch my muscles.

"It's a this thing." She points to her behind.

"An ass?" I ask, with a smirk. I wasn't one for vulgar words, but ass wasn't that bad a word. I actually used ass all the time.

"It's an ess." She corrects me and then grabs her keys from the table. "I'll see you later, okay?"

"Okay." I shrug and she leaves the house, but not before locking the door.

I low key feel like I'm in prison, but I high key feel like I wouldn't be safe out on the street, so this is the better option of the two.

"Thank you Lord for this day." I speak out as I make my way to my bedroom. "And I hope my father got home safely." I add, biting my lip.

Even though I was as mad as could be at my dad, I still loved him. It was a really long ride, I know that, and I hope that he got home safely.

Trying to rid my mind of bad thoughts, I freshen up, get dressed and lay back in my made bed as planned. There was no way in hell that I was going to do anything today. I was tempted to listen to my mother's tape, and read her diary, but I wasn't going to be in for an emotional day, so I decided against it.