- Nine.

Normani Kordei Hamilton.

This is beginning to become weird. This whole me waking up easily and early thing. Not that I don't like it though, but it's not as if I like it either.

Waking up early was never something that made me happy, but waking up at all made me feel blessed. The only downside now, is that I'm faced with something that I'm never usually faced with.

Boredom.

By the feeling of it, it feels really early, and I've been staring at the ceiling for the past ten minutes, trying to fall asleep. I've already closed my eyes, counted tonnes of sheep and prayed, but nothing is working, so I guess that I'm stuck staring at the ceiling.

My eyes shift from the clean, white painted ceiling to my cellphone for one second, and the temptation is way too much. I reach over and grab it, unlock it, and clear my father's notifications. I meant what I said. I was only going to call him on Saturday, and that meant tomorrow. One more day until I was faced with the wrath of my father.

My mother always told me never to sweep things under the rug, but I don't think that I was avoiding him, or the situation, I was just waiting for him to calm down. That's all.

I open my messages app, and decide to go down the line, ignoring my father still.

The last person who texted me was Ally.

Allysin 😏 (07:27) : Morning Mani, hope you have an amazing day! Text me as soon as you can.

Allysin 😏 (10:03) : I'm guessing that you're still busy, but I just wanted to tell you that Broken just came out of the shop.

Allysin 😏 (13:01) : Your dad asked me for your location when he came to the house earlier. I told him that I didn't know where you were. Convinced him not to report you as a missing person.

Allysin 😏 (15:23) : Are you ignoring me Mani? Is it something I did?

Allysin 😏 (19:56) : You're scaring me, please answer me??

Allysin 😏 (20:45) : Normani Kordei Hamilton!

Allysin 😏 (23:59) : Goodnight 😪 I love you.

Ally may not exactly be a saint, but she still loved me and cared for me, and right now, I feel kind of bad that I set my phone on airplane mode yesterday. But can you blame me? I didn't want any interruptions.

Me (06:03) : Hey 😊 sorry I couldn't answer yesterday. I was very busy. But thanks for helping me out, and I love you more.

I knew that didn't sum up everything that I wanted to say, but I knew that Ally would be the one asking questions later, and I was going to be doing the answering.

Further scrolling down, I ignored Ashlee and Arielle's messages, only because we already spoke on the phone yesterday during my impromptu lunch break.

I then clicked on Arin's message, and surprisingly, it was just one. He usually spammed me.

Arin 🙈 (23:45) : You're probably either busy, or sleeping from a long day. But I just got back from the evening service, and I just wanted to say that I miss you so much, and that you're doing good.

In that moment, I felt it. I was drifting away from everyone, and it hadn't even been two full days yet.

Me (06:05) : I miss you too 😩 but we'll definitely FT or something when I'm not busy. Okay?

I exited his profile and went through the list once more. It wasn't exactly people that I wanted to talk to, and I wasn't talking to my dad. So I gave up on the whole texting thing and put my phone down on the dresser.