- Twenty Eight.

Dinah Jane Hansen.

I massage my temples with my strongest fingers, trying to relieve the amount of stress I am currently experiencing.

After my wish last night, well I'd like to think that's why I was in such an incredibly good mood (Besides the ice cream and good company), I actually really got inspired, and was able to finish the instrumental.

But everytime I listened to it, I found that something was missing. I would've asked Normani for help, but she was knocked out not too long after I finished sending my emails. So I was stuck by myself.

That was, until I got an idea. But now the idea was backfiring. Majorly.

"What do you mean you can't make it, T? I asked you to specifically be here today. I wanna finish this up as soon as possible."

"I hear you." He responds calmly, causing me to become a bit more riled up. But I bit my tongue in order to keep myself from snapping. "But there must have been a misunderstanding. I told you that I'm on vacation, D."

"You did, but I asked you to be here today, and you agreed." I point out.

I hear a small sigh on the other end, and inhale deeply myself. "There must have been a misunderstanding." He finally speaks. "We totally went on different paths. I'm sorry D, I just can't be there. Can't we postpone it?"

"I wish." I mumble, knowing that Normani and I were on a tight schedule. "I have your verse though." I add, scrolling up my e-mail. "You cant just-"

"-I can't." He sighs, cutting me off. "Sorry D, I wish I could help you, but I can't."

"Its okay." I shrug. "You tried, thanks man. Take care."

Before I can press end call, however, he stops me. "Waaaittt!"

"I'm listening."

"Maybe I can organise a replacement. I mean, I can't let you down like that." He says, and I smile at his concern.

"It depends who it is though. I don't like-"

"-yeah, yeah. Just let me make some calls and then get back to you. Okay?"

"Okay." I sigh softly and then check the time before ending the call. It's almost seven, and I have to wake Normani.

Its weird, because she's usually awake by now. But she isn't.

I put my laptop on the couch, and put my slippers on, swiftly making my way to her bedroom.

I push the door open, and as sure as I was, there was Normani laying face down in the pillow, snoring softly.

And she says that she doesn't snore.

I have good mind to stand here and record her, but then we'd be late. I'm sure she'd try to beat my ess.

I walk over to the bed and sit down on the edge, shaking her shoulder a little. "Normani?"

"Mhm."

I smirk and shake her again. "Normani?"

"Go away."

"Normani Kordei Hamilton."

"Dinah Jane, you had better go away." She warns in a tired voice.

"We've got work." I tell her, stifling a laugh as she lifts her head to look at me with that cute, angry expression. She then puts her head back down in the pillow with a groan, and shoos me off as she closes her eyes.