- Three.

Normani Kordei Hamilton.

"What the hell am I going to do, Ally?" I ask, pacing back and forth.

"Firstly, take this blanket." She hands me a fleece baby blue blanket to cover myself. "Secondly, call Arielle or someone to come and get you because your car is broken, and Chris is working the night shift."

"Right." I nod and pat my body, just to feel a loss of pockets. "I don't have my phone, can I borrow yours?"

She nods, handing me her phone. I unlock it and swipe across the screen to rid the image of Chris' nudes, and press on the dialler screen.

"Arielle." I speak into the phone once its answered.

"Damn Normani, hello would have been nice too y'know." She replies with a slight attitude.

"Hey." I roll my eyes internally. "Do you think that you could pick me up by any chance?"

"Pick you up? Girl, I left you at home." She responds sassily.

"Yeah, but I had... some things to do. Things that I can tell you about later. But only if you come and get me." I add my condition. My older sister is a curious woman, so I know she won't let the chance slip her by.

"Fine. Where are you?"

I smile in satisfaction. "Ally's place."

"Give me fifteen minutes." Is all she says before she ends the call, probably a little worked up because I may or may not have interrupted something, I would never know.

Arielle and Ally were the same in that sense. They were tired of being seen as angels, and rebelled in secret. I hadn't gotten to that part yet. Because I was very young when my father became a pastor, I guess I just accepted some things earlier, and when I grew up, I didn't see a need for things to change.

"Thanks Al." I hand the phone back to my shorty.

"No problem." Ally replies with a smile, pocketing her phone. "So are you going to take it?"

"I don't know, I just... there is so much to be done. I don't even know where we're going or whatever, and I also don't know how I'm going to tell my dad."

"Tell your dad what? That you auditioned to be mentored by someone, or that you got the gig?"

"Both." I hang my head in defeat. "I just don't know what to do."

"I know this is the most clichè thing for me to tell you right now." She lays a hand on my shoulder. "But pray, like before you go to bed or something. Talk to your dad and try to make him see the light, but remember that you are still an adult yourself, and capable of making your own decisions."

I thank Ally wordlessly by pulling her into a hug, almost suffocating her because of our height difference.

"Okay, okay." She giggles, patting me on my lower back. "Just know that when your first tour comes around, you had better invite me on it, and take me around the world with you."

"Never said I'm taking the job Als." I remind her, and she rolls her eyes.

"To be honest, you'd be stupid not to follow your dreams Mani."
Before I can respond, I hear the familiar honking of my sister's semi-run down car (it runs in the family), and look down at my watch, just to see that instead of fifteen minutes, it was five. She had better not make me pay her speeding ticket if she does get one. "I'll watch Broken for the night by the way."

"Thanks Ally." I bid my best friend farewell. "I'll see you tomorrow."

She nods and blows me a kiss as I exit the house, making my way to Arielle's car, waiting until she opens the door for me.