- Twenty One.

Normani Kordei Hamilton.

You know that thing where you're having a good time in a dream, but you know that its just a dream?

That's me right now, in this huge garden with pink roses surrounding me and nothing but beautiful harp music sounding throughout the large area. It was as if the garden never ended.

It was just a huge outdoor area with the beautiful colours of green and light pink meshed together, making me a bit dizzy, but also happy. Happy because I knew that Mom would love it here.

"Normani?"

I feel myself closing my eyes tightly as I watch myself turn around, looking for the body to which the familiar and otherwise angelic voice belonged to. But I could see nobody.

"Normani?"

There it is again. But I can't see anyone. I can't see anyone, and neither can dreamworld me, but the voice is invading the beautiful music.

"Normani?"

I whip my head around once more in the dream, and then decide that it's time to pull myself out.

But I can't. Why not?

It's happening again, that's why.

I try to groan when I realise that I can't move my body, but my voice is not making an impact. I try to yell out for help, but nothing is working. I can't hear myself.

I'm gone.

"Normani." The voice sounds like more of a statement than a question now. "Normani!" The last one was enough for me to know who it is. Dinah.

I force my eyes open, but they struggle and as soon as I see the confused expression of Dinah staring down at me, they shut closed again.

"Normani." I hear her clearly now.

"Help..." I manage to get out, but that's enough as I hear a panicked "okay" and footsteps leaving the room.

I slip back into the dreamworld, no longer seeing the pretty roses or bushes and no longer hearing the beautiful music, but instead, I hear something different. It sounds weird, kind of nasally. And it too, sounds familiar.

My surroundings look more scary now. I watch carefully as my body turns around and is met with... Camila. Amazing. I couldn't even dream about Satan or something.

At this point, I've had enough of this dream already, and find myself trying to claw my way out of this world. But then something helps me. Something wet, cold and something I despise.

Water.

I wipe the excess water out of my eyes and push my now wet hair over to the side of my head so that Dinah can see the emotion in my eyes. I'm mad. If you want to wake me, shoot me or something, but water? Hell no.

"You said to help you." She already starts arguing, obviously taking note that I'm mad.

"Yeah, but I didn't mean with water!" I sit up in the bed, looking at and feeling all the water surrounding me in the bed. "You're going to take this mattress out, right?"

"Yeah, no sure." She nods as I make my way out of the wet bed, pulling my face at how disgusting I feel. "I take mattresses out every day, of course."

I roll my eyes and she gasps. "Not that I wet the bed or whatever, I was just... you know what? Nevermind."

"Yeah, I won't question you and your wet mattresses ever again." I cringe at the feeling of my silk Hello Kitty pyjamas clinging to my skin.