- Forty Three.

Normani Kordei Hamilton.

"Normani, puhhhleeeeeaaassseeee." She drags out her words, nearly dropping to the floor too.

"I'm tired of your dramatics." I inform the light haired girl as I pretend to busy myself, my eyes repeatedly sweeping over the sheet of paper in my hand.

"But you don't want to share." She argues, her voice resembling a toddler's, who was upset about something simple, like not getting a toy. Oh, how I wish life was that easy. Crying over toys.

"But you don't need it." I reply confidently as I put the page down, folding my arms over my chest as I purse my lips in an attempt to look angry - hopefully it's working, you never know with my face.

"You were reading a blank page?" she asks, completly changing the subject.

"Do you have a problem with that?" I ask, not giving my game away. Truth is, I didn't even have what she was asking me for, I just wanted to mess with her.

"Mani." She sighs, her arms falling limp at her side in defeat. "Can you please just give me the flash drive? You're acting like I'm going to do something dangerous with it, I'm just going to listen."

I sigh myself, and finally give my game away. "Fine, I'll give it to you."

"Really?" I can't help the corners of my mouth pushing themselves up into a smile as her face lights up.

"Of course." I keep the smile on my face as I approach her slowly, moving to stand in front of her. She's just a little taller than me, but by the way her big brown eyes are studying me, I can tell she knows that I still have the upper hand. I pause, my eyes stuck on hers before I push myself up on the front of my feet, giving her a light peck that can probably be compared to a quick breeze on a hot summer's day, before returning to my position, and bringing my arms to rest on her strong shoulders, my hands interlocking behind her neck. "When I have it."

To my amusement, her face falls adorably, and she lightly pushes me away, causing me to giggle. "You played me." She accuses, her lower lip basically hanging on the floor.

"Maybe." I shrug, ignoring her shoving hands, and instead taking them in my own, lowering them before again stepping closer. "But did you like it?" I ask, dropping my voice to a lower tone, watching as her eyes go wide.

"I-uh-"

"-Normani, here you go-oh."

I part from Dinah, just to see Zayn standing with a neutral expression, the hint of a smirk on his face, with his arm outstretched.

Dinah turns too, but then opens Zayn's hand, to my horror, and retrieves the silver USB. "Thanks friend." She giggles, finally making Zayn show some expression, looking at me with confusion written all over his face.

"She wants to listen to it." I explain before gritting my teeth at Dinah. "But she won't... come... very... far." I hiss as I try to take it from her, but she's too quick, her long arm swiping through the air.

"No use." Zayn shrugs as he shakes his head at Dinah. "You can't fight Goliath."

"You used to be in a boy band with guys who wore skinny jeans. Goodbye." She dismisses him, and then turns to me. "You promised." She whines. "Just let me listen, see what a mess you guys made - kidding - and fix stuff up."

"Get out of here." I sigh, unable to contain my smile as Dinah excitedly exits the room.

"She is of a different breed." Zayn sighs as he follows my girlfriend's figure out of the door.

"That she is." I agree proudly.

"You look beautiful today." He compliments me, and the heat rises to my cheeks again, involuntarily of course, but it doesn't change the fact that it's still there. "You actually look beautiful everyday."