Liam/Isaac; He's Back [2]

don't forget to vote and comment, if you want

this imagine consists of two parts. One where Y/N ends up with Liam and one where Y/N ends up with Isaac.

***

Liam:

You take your seat on the bleachers, your eyes fixated on the lacrosse players on the field. You search for your boyfriend Liam and a smile creeps onto your face when you spot the shorter player.

Your smile immediately morphs into a frown as a voice speaks up beside you. You tilt your head and see Isaac sitting in his lacrosse jersey.

"I have to admit your boyfriend is pretty good." He shrugs.

"He's amazing." You correct him. In your opinion, Liam is the best player on the team.

"Y/N listen-" He begins but you cut him off raising a finger in the air.

"Isaac, if what you're about to say involves my relationship with Liam and my relationship with you- Save it." You say a little harsh.

"You're not even going to let me talk?" He asks, gently placing his hand on your knee but you remove it instantly.
"No." You turn your body fully so that you are facing him completely. "Isaac, I won't lie, I never stopped loving you. But you hurt me more than you can imagine and I will never forget that... It hurts me to say that I will get over you, but I will; maybe not today, maybe not this year, but it will happen. I love Liam, okay? He makes me happy. You used to. If you hadn't left maybe we could still be together, but there is no way to undo the past. I'm sorry Isaac, but... I just can't talk to you and pretend that nothing happened."

You stand up immediately as you feel the tears start to fall. You never thought you'd ever say those words to Isaac, but you did. You walk away from the speechless teenager and make your way towards the school building. Leaving Isaac as well as your relationship and memories with him behind.

Isaac:

"Are you sure you're okay? You've literally been quiet since we got here." Liam slightly laughs as he places his hand on the small of your back.

You sit up from your laying position on the bed to face him. His smile fades when he observes your expression. He puts down his text book before scooting closer to where you are.

You feel as the tears well up in your eyes, your vision becoming blurry. "I'm sorry. It's just..." You cover your face with your hands.

"Y/N, what is it?" His voice laced with worry.

"Isaac is back." You say sobbing.

Liam stays silent for a moment and it worries you more than it should. "Isaac? Your ex boyfriend Isaac?"

You nod your head, your hands still covering your face because you don't want to look Liam in the eye.

He doesn't say a word so you look up at him, your cheeks wetted with tears.

"So you still love him. That's why you're crying, isn't it?" His expression softens.

"I.. I don't know Liam. I love you." You tell him. He avoids eye contact.

"I'll understand if you do. I mean, he was your first love, wasn't he?" You nod your head.

"Liam, listen, I don't want Isaac's arrival to change anything between us." You tell him truthfully, tears still falling.

"It already has." He looks down. "You've been thinking about it- him for this entire time."

"Liam-"

He cuts you off. But what surprises you is the small, understanding smile plastered on his face.

"Y/N, I understand. Look, if you still want to be with Isaac, I will understand, trust me. I still love you. And maybe down the road if you decide to no longer be with him, I'll still be here with my arms open."

"Liam, I-I don't want to lose you." You take a hold of one of his hands.

"You won't," He cups your cheek with his free hand, "We'll still be friends, remember? I'm only a call away."

"I still feel awful." You lean your head into his touch.

"Don't," He chuckles, "I want you to be happy. Whether it is with me or somebody else. Your happiness is important to me."

"I love you." You barley whisper and if it weren't for his super hearing, your words would have gone unnoticed.

"I love you too." He presses a light kiss on your forehead.

***

who would you choose?