Stiles; New Years Eve

don't forget to click vote and leave a comment if you want to

***

There was no other perfect way to spend New Years Eve rather than to be in a room with Stiles Stilinski. Note the sarcasm.

You and Stiles never ceased to shoot glares across the room at one another for the entire evening. He hated you. You disliked him. And there was nothing that would change that. Nothing.

"Come on guys, do you seriously want to start a new year like this?" Scott asked from where he sat. Both you and Stiles averted your eyes towards the alpha.

"I've been doing it for the past two years." You said.

"Yeah, another won't hurt." Stiles added.

Scott groaned and threw his head back, obviously giving up on the two of you.

"Give it up Scott. You can't make me like her." Stiles crossed his arms over his chest. "Nobody likes her." He mumbled softly, but you heard exactly what he had said.

You jolted up from your comfortable position on the sofa next to Lydia. "Shut up! If anyone here is disliked by all, it's clearly you."

Stiles leaned forward on the couch too. "Everybody here likes me!" He said using exaggerated hand gestures.

"Not everybody." Isaac spoke up, causing Stiles to roll his eyes dramatically at the tall werewolf.

***

That was just an idea of how the entire night went. You couldn't handle being in the same room as him! You could feel your blood boil beneath your skin whenever he spoke.

Now, there were five minutes until midnight. Exactly five minutes until the new year. Here you stood, in the bathroom staring at your reflection. You didn't want to be downstairs after Stiles insulted you the way he did a few moments earlier.

You heard as all of your friends began counting down from ten and you took that as your queue to leave.

You walked towards the bathroom door and unlocked it.

4, 3, 2, 1...

"Happy New Year!" They all screamed in unison.

You opened the bathroom door and as soon as you were out, your lips were met with a pair of soft ones. It happened so fast that you hadn't gotten the chance to see who it was.

Your eyes were closed as the person kissed you. When he finally pulled away, you smiled.

"Isaac." You felt yourself blush.

He smiled. "I'm sorry, that was kind of unexpected. Let's try it again."

Before you knew it, his lips were connected with yours again. You wrapped your arms around his neck as the kiss deepened.

You heard as Lydia called your name and you broke the intimate kissing session.

You turned your head towards the staircase and froze when you saw Stiles. He looked shocked. He looked, disappointed.

"S-Sorry, I was just, uh, never mind." He shook his head before walking down the stairs.

You gave Isaac a confused look before heading downstairs to see what Lydia needed from you.

"What's up Lydia?" You asked as you approached her.

"Well, firstly, happy new year. Secondly, I wanted to ask you if you could go and see if I left my Taupe lipstick in your car."

"You called me all the way here for some Mac lipstick." You raised your eyebrow. She nodded. Typical Lydia Martin.

You made your way out of the front door and towards your car. As you were walking down the porch steps, something caught your eye. More like someone. Stiles was sitting by himself in his Jeep.

As much as you disliked Stiles, you were curious as to why he seemed so upset. You walked over to his car and tapped on his window.

He looked up at you, a surprised expression covering his face. He rolled down the window. "Hey."

"Hey." You smiled- a sweet smile, not a fake one. "What's up?"

"Does it matter?" He stifled a light laugh and tapped his fingers against the steering wheel.

"Believe it or not, yes." You sighed. "Not only to me, but to everyone else in there. What's wrong Stilinski?"

"It's nothing serious, really." He shook his head.

"It has to be, otherwise you'd still be inside with all of your friends." You didn't want him to sit outside all alone.

He hesitated for a moment. "It's just, I don't know, when I saw you kissing Isaac, I just, never mind." He looked down.

Was Stiles jealous that Isaac kissed you?

"Why does it matter to you that Isaac kissed me? It's kind of what people do on New Years Eve when it's midnight."

"Yeah, but I was supposed to kiss you." He muttered. His words surprised you a lot. Like a whole lot.

You didn't say anything. Instead you walked over to the other side of the vehicle with Stiles' eyes watching your every move. You opened the car door and climbed inside.

"I thought you hated me. Why would you kiss somebody that you hate?" You frowned, not making eye contact with the boy in the driver's seat.

"I-I guess I don't."

"What?"

"I don't hate you Y/N. I guess it was just easier to talk you when we were throwing bad words at one another." He explained.

"Oh," you leaned back in the seat, "I didn't know."

"I was a total asshole towards you, I wouldn't blame you if you actually do hate me." He half smiled.

"I don't. I never hated you Stiles." You told him truthfully.

You never did hate Stiles. Some days he got under your skin, but you never hated the guy.

There was a long moment of silence before somebody spoke up. That somebody being the both of you.

"How about that kiss?" You both said in unison, causing the two of you to laugh loudly.

When the laughter died down, you tilted your head to face him only to see him already staring at you.

He shifted closer towards you and leaned forward. You did the same, moved on your seat so that there was less space between your bodies.

"Happy new year." He smiled. You closed your eyes and he pressed his lips to yours softly. This would be the best year yet.

***

happy new year to everybody!! i hope this year treats you well.
have a good one.