Scott; Baby Steps [2]

Don't forget to vote and leave a comment!

A part 2 was requested so here you go...

~~~

Y/N's POV

It has been only a few days since the party- nearly a week, to be exact. I had not spoken to Scott since then, and he hasn't texted or called either.
I couldn't say that I blamed him for not saying anything. He was probably afraid that I'd chase him away before even giving him a chance to explain himself or even apologize.

I probably would.

I had cried so much until I didn't even feel heartbroken anymore; until I didn't feel anything anymore. I felt numb, so I couldn't cry anymore.

"Y/N," Somebody called me. I blinked rapidly, pulling myself out a pool of my own thoughts.
I took in my surroundings; suddenly I wasn't in my bed where I had spent the past few days, but I was seated in the passenger's seat of Lydia's car.

"Yeah?" I looked at her. She smiled softly.

"You ready to go inside?" She asked. I turned to the left to see some kid from school's house. I could tell that it was already packed with people inside; the party had started an hour ago. Music was blasting from inside the house. I wasn't ready.

"Uhm, I'll catch up with you." I told her. She didn't protest, instead she just nodded her head and climbed out of the car. I watched as she made her way into the house. When I could no longer see her, I climbed out too.

I started walking down the sidewalk. I'll admit that it wasn't the smartest decision to be alone. Because now, I had nothing else to do except to think. And thinking led to overthinking, and even though I felt numb, I knew that I could break down crying if I thought about the situation too much.

I couldn't get the image out of my mind; the image of Scott and her- whatever her name was. My vision began to blur as the image clouded my mind. I could think of nothing else at that point.

"Pull yourself together Y/N." I whispered under my breath. I inhaled deeply and looked up from the ground, only to stop immediately in my tracks.

"Hey." Scott simply said. The corner of his lips tilted slightly as he offered a small smile.

"Hi. Scott, now is really n-" I began saying as I wiped the tears from my face using the sleeve of my jacket.

"Please just listen to me for a moment, Y/N... Please." He silently begged. His voice was calm and slow. It gave me some sort of comfort.
I looked at him, nodding my head slightly so that he could continue.

"I-I don't want to throw a whole lot of words at you right now, but, I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I regret what I did with every cell in my body..."

He stopped to take a breath. My eyes started to tear up again; I didn't realize how much I had missed his voice until this moment.

"As much as I want to undo what I did, go back in time, anything, I can't... Y/N, I really wish that I could take back everything. I-I cant even explain how terrible I feel for hurting you the way I did. You don't deserve pain. You deserve love, and happiness. You deserve to be smiling every day... I'm sorry that I caused you pain. I'm willing to spend the rest of my life making it up to you."

I stayed silent, and so did he. Then I said, "what were you saying about not wanting to throw a lot of words at me?" A sad chuckle slipped from my lips.
Scott smiled. My heart fluttered at the sight of it. I still felt pain, but hearing Scott's words did make a difference.

He took a step closer towards me. "Y/N, I'm not expecting you to forgive me right away. I'm not expecting you to pretend that nothing happened. Like I told you, I'm willing to spend the rest of my life making it up to you. Even if- Even if it's a just a little bit every day."

I smiled softly at him. "A little bit every day." I repeated his words.

He nodded, "baby steps."

"That's okay with me, McCall."