Scott; Baby Steps

Don't forget to vote and leave a comment!

~~~

Y/N's POV

I couldn't control my tears anymore. They were falling relentlessly at this point. I didn't even care about all of the strangers around me that could see me crying.
As soon as I reached my car, I climbed in and gripped the steering wheel. Breathing had become difficult, but the tears kept on falling; rolling down my cheeks.

"Y/N!" I heard my name being called. I turned to see Scott pushing past all of the people and running out of the front door.

I quickly started the car and drove away. I was driving so fast, only slowing down once I could no longer see Scott in the rear view mirror.

~~~

Scott's POV

I headed back home after Y/N had left the party; I didn't even tell anybody that I was leaving. I didn't want anyone to ask unnecessary questions. Especially my friends.

I ran my hand through my hair, the image of Y/N not leaving my mind. I couldn't forget how hurt she looked when she walked through that door.
She crumbled right before my eyes and it shattered my heart.
The only thing worse than getting hurt is knowing that you're the reason for somebody else's pain.

I walked through my front door, the guilt pushing me over the edge, causing me to cry too.
I heard footsteps and I looked up.

"Scott, oh my god, what's wrong?" My mom quickly approached me, taking me into her arms.

"It's all my fault. It's all my fault." I kept repeating as she tried to get me to explain to her what had happened.

She let go of me and led me towards me the dining room table. I sat down, wiping my tears away with the sleeve of my jacket.

She didn't sit down, instead she walked into the kitchen to fetch a glass of water. "Tell me what happened." She told me.

I took a deep breath in attempt to stop myself from crying. "It's my fault, mom."

"What? What's your fault?" She questioned.

"I hurt her, mom. I d-didn't mean to. I mean I didn't mean for her to get hurt. I didn't want her to se- No. I shouldn't have done it in the first place." I began rambling.

My mother didn't say a word, she just kept listening. I'm sure she already knew what I meant and I was thankful for that; I didn't want to get into further details.

"You should've seen her face, mom. She was broken. I betrayed her trust. It took so long for me to gain her trust and I threw it all away with one stupid mistake."

"She doesn't deserve this. She doesn't deserve pain. She deserves happiness. She deserves everything wonderful."

"Well," my mom sighed, "I cant defend you for what you did, because it was wrong, Scott. But I don't want you to beat yourself up about it either, okay? It happened. And unfortunately, we can't undo our actions."

"I just wish that I could go back to the start... If I could go back to the day I met Y/N I would. I would treat her the way she deserves to be treated. I wouldn't hurt her, ever! Not physically, not emotionally. I would try my best to perfect."

She started walking towards me. I soon felt her arms wrap themselves around me. She was warm. "Nobody is perfect, baby. We all make mistakes. All you can do now is say that you're sorry and then take it from there."

"I'm going to make this right

"I'm going to make this right." I told her.

"Baby steps." She places a soft kiss on my temple.

"Baby steps."

~~~

First update for 2018.
Happy New Year!!

(I'm sorry this sucked but I haven't written in so long and I have no ideas, so if you have requests, please message me!)