Scott; Cute Boy

DOUBLE UPDATE BECAUSE THIS BOOK HAS 3K READS I AM ACTUALLY SCREAMING. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

written in first person

My steps towards the doors of Beacon Hills High School were slow and hesitant. The closer I got, the more I wanted to turn around and hurry back to my mother's car.

I turned around only to see that she had already left. Great. A long sigh escaped my lips as I entered, my heart already beating faster at the sight of so many students.

I pulled a sheet of folded paper out of my pocket and read off my locker number. 634.

After realizing that I was nowhere near locker 634, I began making my way down the crowded hallway.

I kept my gaze locked on the sheet of paper in my hands, and predictably, I knocked into somebody else.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking." I apologized without looking up at the stranger.

"It's okay." A somewhat calming voice spoke, causing me to tilt my head up and let our gazes meet. "I'm Scott." His brown eyes and crooked jaw made my knees weak.

"Hey I'm Y/N." I introduced myself burying the sheet of paper into my pocket again.

"I like that name." He smiled politely, giving me the feeling that this school might not be as bad as I thought.

I returned the kind gesture, looking down as I felt a blush creep onto my cheeks. I felt the need to compliment him too, just to be friendly.

"I- Uh, I like your jacket." I said rather awkwardly, mentally punching myself in the face right after. He laughed slightly, giving me even more reason to punch myself. "I'm so sorry. I tend to be awkward when I talk to a cute boy an- Oh god. I'm so sorry. I'm going to shut up now." I covered my face with my hands, feeling humiliated.

"Cute boy, huh?"

"I'm sorry." I apologized once again. "I should get going, I need to find my locker. I guess I'll see you around Scott." I spoke so fast, I'm not sure he even heard me.

Quickly, I walked past him, but he held onto my arm and turned me around. "Let me help you," he offered, "find your locker."

"Thanks but I think I embarrassed myself enough in front of you for one day." I smiled shyly, his grip around my arm loosening.

"There's no need to be embarrassed." He smiled. "I thought it was kind of, cute."

"Really?" I asked hopefully, but immediately put my poker face on. "I mean, thanks."

"I'll help you." He said again, this time walking beside me. I couldn't deny him, he was hella cute.

I knew for a fact that I would definitely love Beacon Hills High School.

***

short and sweet

don't forget to vote and comment