Scroll 1: I am Azami

Pink hair blew fluttered in the wind as red eyes scanned the desert area. The girl desperately wiped her forehead from the sweat that trickled down her cheeks. It was irritating how her body had become too sticky. She wiped them hastily before taking another sip from her water bag. She frowned after noticing that she was almost out of water.

'This isn't good. I should refill it soon.' Glancing around, all she could see was sand, sand and sand! Her feet were also scorching.

'I should have brought some foot wear. Stupid me.' She grumbled.

The girl continued her journey. The sun was glaring rays, and she felt like she had to drink again but decided against it. It was not good to consume the remaining water so easily.

'Azami? Why don't you just use your turban?' A voice rang inside her head as her necklace vibrated lightly. She looked down before smiling awkwardly.

"Hehehe. I can't actually, Furcas. I'm kinda exhausted." She replied. A sigh escaped the voice and berated her.

'Sometimes you're a little hopeless aren't you, Azami?'

Another thump was felt, but this time, it was from her anklet. It argued with the latter voice for scolding the girl.

'She is not hopeless you hear me!? You damn idiot!'

'What did you just call me!?' It was her djinn, Furcas. He was the djinn of philosophy and arts. The latter was who doted on the girl was Sitri, a lustful djinn who could seduce both men and women.

She laughed nervously as they bickered. It hurt her head with how loud they were, but it was nothing compared to when they were in their solid form. The whole place would shake and could even collapse. It injured her once. Looking back at her destination, she could see a silhouette of what looked like a city.

'Is that it!?' She thought.

"Furcas, Sitri. That's enough. Look over there! I can see the city!" She jumped gleefully before throwing her turban up and racing down towards the city. She stopped by the entrance before hiding her turban again, so that no one would suspect her.

'I thought you couldn't use it?' Furcas asked, but Azami was too engrossed to hear his comment.

"This is Qishan huh? It's...a normal city."

'Normal if it wasn't for that dungeon over there.' Sitri commented. She was confused until she spotted the dungeon they were saying. It was Amon's dungeon. Well, that was what Sitri told her. Racing down the market place, she saw a girl with shackles on both of her feet. It was pitiful, but she was surprised when a kid destroyed her chains.

'Isn't that forbidden?' She internally thought. It was not her business, so she left the scene. It seemed like the boy could handle himself especially after seeing those rukh flutter around him.

"He looks so peculiar." She muttered.

'He's a magi.' Both her djinns commented. Azami stopped in her tracks, wide eyed.

'Magi? He's a magi. A kid like him is a magi?' She replied astounded by the fact.

"Are you freaking serious!?" She shouted. Both of her djinns thumped in acknowledgment. Their master looked like a lunatic from the outside, but they could understand her reason for the outburst. It was truly a shock to know that she just met a young magi.

"He's very young." She blurted out. Her djinns laughed before reminding her of the dungeon and a place to stay for the night. Soon, she found a cheap hotel and from there, she retraced her steps and planned her actions. There will be a change of plan because of the magi and the dungeon. Her djinns agreed eagerly at the plan formed. The thought of joining the magi and his king excited her, but having her djinns out made her hesitate. It was not a secret that those two were possessive of her.