Scroll 38: Big Trouble

Kou Empire

It had been a month ever since Alibaba asked the Parthevia to let them build a magic circle for their business. Their wait was soon over when a single scroll came and told them, "We can't allow you to set up your outlet." It pained everyone but it didn't end there. They received calls from all the countries they asked for and each of them said that everyone was in disarray because of the rumors regarding the rise of Kou and their plan to take over the world once more. Alibaba gritted his teeth in anger. Even Reim and Balbadd were off the list. Kogyouku teared up at the news. It was a great impact on her hope.

"I-I thought just one more s-step and we'll be able to rise once more." She voiced.

Alibaba was not one to give up. He told Kogyouku that it was not over yet. He gathered his belongings and went to Sinbad's Trading Company. The blonde conqueror asked him if he could do anything to stop the rumors. Unfortunately, Sinbad said that he couldn't interfere in other country's affairs. Sinbad used his own words against him.

"As I said, I am nothing more than a representative of a single trading company. I can't decide everything by myself. Furthermore, why is a trading company asking for the help of a rival company?" Sinbad smirked. He mocked the young man subtly but anyone could see the gleam in his eyes.

He told him that as leader of International Alliance, he can help the Kou Empire but not the trading company. They were rivals after all. Alibaba was suddenly confused. Sinbad asked him why he didn't return to his country and become king. He said that it was his own decision not to and that made the purple haired trader say that he was envious of him. Then it came back to the rumors.

"There are three possible future for this Alibaba. To be crushed by other company, to survive by being part of a large company and to triumph over all trading companies."

"Are you saying that you want to compete until there is only one trading company left!? Don't tell me that the one who started the rumor was you, Sinbad?" He asked. Sinbad just smiled at him.

"If that was the case, what difference would it make?" The former Sindrian king asked.

"Alibaba, the world is ruthless. Even I blundered once and was a slave. You should choose your battles wisely from now on. I am advising you as if you were my own son." He retorted. Alibaba was silenced. He couldn't retort anything back.

He returned to Kou defeated. He apologized to everyone and that resulted to another worry. They had all the products to be traded and all they needed was to transport them. Koumei stepped in and advised him not to worry for they have a back-up plan.

"Using the second ability of the eight trigrams talismans, we can keep our produce chilled and preserved. The first type of talisman would be for fueling the ships. We confirmed the viability of this plan while negotiating with the other countries, Alibaba."

"Not only did you imagine domestic products but you went ahead with an alternative strategy for preserving products." Alibaba was amazed. He was right to have Koumei on their side.

"Everyone, please remain calm. Trading with other countries has not been forbidden furthermore, we can use the teleportation circle within Kou without limitations. We'll teleport our produce all the way to our borders then sell them via the land and sea routes of our neighboring countries." Koumei finalized. Another hope was created.

"Then let us help you. I am sure Talia-sama has already told you that." Another voice resounded in the throne room. There in front of them, stood a woman with black hair that reached her elbow, blue piercing eyes and wearing red top with golden linings that covered her body, baggy white pants and a scroll in her hand. She smiled at them and showed the scroll in her hands.