Scroll 26: Siblings and Oath

"Azami!"

Her body fell forward but it was luckily caught by Astaroth of the Gorgon tribe. Setta and Ithnan flew to her and checked her body. She was breathing heavily and it came to their minds that it was magic exhaustion. Repair magic and Life magic took a lot of toll in the body.

"Azami! Can you hear me!?" Ithnan asked as he checked her temperature. It was rising. He thanked the Gorgon before taking her to his arms. Solomon and the others joined them. Ithnan put her in her bed while Setta grabbed a bucket full of cold water and a dry cloth. He soaked it before putting on her forehead.

"Big brother. She really needs to stop using magic for sometime. Her body still needs to adjust." Setta reasoned out. Ithnan gritted his teeth before going to Solomon. The said man nodded at him and asked for any magicians who could use healing magic. There were some and so they asked if they could at least help Azami. They nodded and did their work.

"That should do. Just let her rest for days and she will be back to normal. I suggest that she really stopped using powerful magic." Solomon thanked them and they left the commanders along with Sheba.

"What's the matter with Azami?" She asked. Ithnan and Setta were beside the said female, concern written on their face. Setta decided to answer that one.

"She was like our sister. You see, her body can't accumulate magic that much. When she was a kid, she was a prodigy because her parents forced her to practice magic day and night. Then they sent her to the church. When it was our time to serve the 'towers', we were there with her and she protected us. Even before it, she was a protective person. Most of the magic used in that tower were from her but we forced her that we will also give some. She only smiled weakly at us. We were saved by them but she was on the brink of death that time. I—"

"That's enough, Setta. I'll tell her." Ithnan interrupted. Setta nodded and assisted Azami who was sleeping peacefully. He turned to them and started the story.

"We met when we were still 10 years old."

Flashback

Magic City
Alttanin Familia

"Look at that prodigy! I bet the Alttanin Family is proud of her."

"Our Father will be pleased of having her as one of His follower. Don't you think?"

"A gift to our Father. How enticing!"

Those were what people mostly say about her. A ten year old girl with pink hair and red eyes always have the same empty look on her. Her parents were greedy and trained her every day and night to become the best magician there was. They even pushed her to the point of dehydrating her body. She knew her place and would always follow but this time, she had enough. The Elders of the Magic Council noticed her gift and wanted her in the Church. Of course, there should be a catch. They offered her family safety, tons of money and fame and even a place in the lesser key of the magic government. They easily threw her away. She was just a passageway for them anyway.

'I hate this! I don't want this! This is nothing more than a farce! Father they say!? I don't see anyone coming back with glee on their face! Nobody comes back after they take them to that horrible 'tower'!' Every night, she would sneak out of the academy to think and sometimes, cry to herself. She would return before the sun comes out though. Slowly, she gained a new resolve. She would escape the place and go somewhere. For now, she would have to train harder and have enough rest.

She entered the Church early in the morning. There were kids there who were mindless while there were arrogant ones. She sat on her usual place until she heard some kids bickering. With a glance behind her, she took notice of two boys. One of her age while the other looked like a year or two younger than her. They were being mocked by three boys who thought that they were the best in magic and were pure and blessed. She scoffed before standing up and taking her staff.