Scroll 17: Setta's Adventure

Aladdin and Setta studiously worked on their magic in Magnostadt while Alibaba trained his swordmaship in the Reim Empire. The three of them were in their own adventures as the rukh guided them.

"Finally. The final exams are coming. Are you ready Setta-kun?" A blue haired magician asked as his companion continued to write on his letter.

"Yeah. Sure." He replied nonchalantly. Aladdin peaked on his letter and recognized that it was for Azami. It made him smile because not only Setta was doing this for the world but also for his sister. Setta, on the other hand, finished his letter and used a special tool to send it to his sister. After that, the two headed towards the training grounds where they practiced their magics. Aladdin specialized in sound, wind and fire magic while Setta majored in ice, light and gravity magic. Both gave their all to pass the exams and now that they were in 1st Kodor, it will be much easier to gather information. Of course, the teachers and students also admired them for their efforts. In fact, not too soon from now, the student who aced this year's schooling will be announced. Many put their bets on Aladdin, there were also some on Setta but rumor had it that there was a special student that teachers mostly admired.

"If only we're allowed to have a battle. It will really test our skills." Setta whined. Aladdin chuckled at his friend's behavior before returning back to his work.

"Oh! We have a banquet later right?" Aladdin asked. Setta confirmed it but told him that he will not be coming due to reasons.

"But there will be a lot of foods you know! Come on, Setta."

"I'll be late for half an hour. I have some business to take care of. Better save me some okay?" Aladdin nodded before going back to his room to prepare. Setta looked at the sky and saw his eagle circling a certain portion of the city. He nodded and flew towards the place. It was a tower where black rukhs reeked.

"I still can't believe that they're harboring tainted rukhs. I hope my letter reached Azami-nee. I miss her." He inspected the place even more before flying back to his dorm. His room was not far from Aladdin's. It was about three doors from the magi's. He noticed that most of the students were already at the banquet so he decided to join them. Once he reached the place, he heard Myers giving the students an inspirational speech.

'Uh. They're so energetic.' He thought.

"Setta!" He saw Aladdin sitting with Sphintus so he decided to sit beside the magi. He was eating peacefully before Myers pointed at the three of them. The two seemed to be posing for something. How did they even? Nevermind.

"We're glad then, Miss Myers." He said. The students formed around the two which made Setta happy that he was not in any center of something. That was until Aladdin pointed at him.

"Setta-kun also did his best!"
"Right! We'll be behind you Setta! Better watch your back." That made him sweat drop but nod nonetheless. The teachers and students continued their celebration but little by little, they also retired to their rooms for a goodnight sleep. Tomorrow was the final exam for first years at Magnostadt—the Iktyar, after all.

"Azami-nee. The final exams are coming. This journey is about to get into a bumpy ride soon. I hope I could see your smile again to encourage me." He closed his eyes and thought of the things that happened to him.

'I learned a lot from this country. Not only its dark side but also its good side. My magic also improved and this time, I will finally be able to use my staff properly. I hope you can see me too, Azami-nee. Aladdin and I went through a lot of hardships. Miss Myers training was not a joke. Many quitted but it was a big no to us always. You and the others are there for us after all. Goodnight, Azami-nee.'