Scroll 13: Reim and Alibaba

Training to be a gladiator in the Reim Empire, Alibaba defeated the Yambala gladiator Toto. As the Reim's High Priestess watched, he readied himself for another battle in order to master the two magoi and full body djinn equip.

"Well, now that is unusual." A red haired man looked perplexed as he stared at the priestess in front of him. It was unusual for his milady.

"Who would've thought you'd come here? Sword fight aren't your forte right, Lady Scheherazade?" The said priestess turned to face her faithful companion, a Fanalis.

"Has something piqued your interest, perhaps?"

Watching below, they could see a young man fighting for his life in the Colosseum. He was exhausted. That was evident in his face. Scheherazade could feel his rukh and there was something different about it. It was his yet not at the same time.

"Oh! And I forgot to mention this. Inside the Colosseum, you're only allowed to use ordinary swords. You can't use Amon's Sword or perform a Weapon equip." A man with white hair and Yambala dress said. He was amused by Alibaba's reaction when his sword was taken away from him. He looked rather vulnerable so to say but one could say otherwise. The signal was given and now, the battle commenced. It will be against the great ape, Garuda. The young Alibaba was ready to give his all but the Yambala asked if he really was.

"Start the match!"

Koumei's POV

"So she really left again and what's with this letter?" I skimmed the letter. It was a gratitude one until the last part which said that I should give the princess a chance.

'So she knew?' I noticed a small note below which said 'I still have a destiny to fulfill. I'll visit when I have time. Maybe next year or two but I want to see you smile again and with her okay?' I sighed before putting it down.

"Can I really? You know my feelings."

Alibaba's POV

It had been weeks after I entered the Colosseum and defeated Garuda. My wounds were healing just fine and I was now training under the Yambala leader. It was tough but I have to give it my all and meet up with the others soon. I still remembered when I felt Cassim's spirit within me. It comforted me; helped me even through my battle. As of the moment, I was training with the Fanalis named Muu Alexius. He was half-Fanalis from what I heard but he was pretty strong. Although, I think Morgiana could be in par with him or even Masrur.

"Concentrate, Alibaba!"
"Sorry!"

Swords clashed with each other and I had quite a difficult time blocking his furious attacks. I stepped back and rolled over to do a back slash. Combined with royal swordplay, I was able to cut though his right arm. It bled but not enough to make a person pass out. I was overjoyed to notice his retaliation. He was able to hit my left arm and leave a deep gash.

"What's up Alibaba? Is that all you've got?" He tried to aggravate me but I will not stoop so low. I grinned before running sideways to use the walls for confusion. With a jump, I attacked him and cut his cheek even when he tried to evade it.

"You've gotten better! I see that all you need now is to strengthen your body. That's why with the Yambala's training and my the Fanalis Corps, I will help you with your Full Body Djinn Equip."

"Thank you, Mister Muu." He smiled sheepishly before we turned serious. I had no time to waste.

Two months later
Azami's POV

"I don't know it takes so long for us to reach Reim. It's nearly the second year." I could feel the buzz of my metal vessel and I guessed they agree with me.