Scroll 10: Different Paths and the Pirates

"Ha! Ha! Heyaaah!"

I swiped the sword upwards and diagonally to test whether I would be able to land an effective attack on Hakuryuu. He was able to deflect most of them but there were some that caused not that much of a deep wound. Seriously though, I need to be a little careful. We stopped for a 10-minutes rest.

"Azami-dono? Will you tell me now what happened before I came to Sindria?"

"Hmm?" I peeked at him. With my hand on my cheek, I pondered about it mischievously. "I don't know. Should I?" He pouted at me which made me laugh. I sat down beside him and told the prince everything.

"It was really crazy. After the fiasco in Balbadd, we travelled towards Sindria for safety. I was feeling a lot depressed that time, you might say that I felt useless." I smiled sadly though Hakuryuu had a disbelief look on his face. I couldn't blame him though because when I was in Kou, even for a short period of time, I was known for being a strong figure. Nothing could sway me.

"B-But Azami-dono...You—"

"Hahaha. Yeah, I know. Don't tell Koumei though. Anyways, Setta, the kid that I was with, and I saw an island with a dungeon. I decided to clear my mind by entering that dungeon. I left them a note and entered Stolas' dungeon. It was more dangerous than Zagan but we made it through. I received him but my djinn was cursed. I was to lose a part of my memories. It looked like I lost only the recent ones."

"Recent? You mean, from the time with Alibaba up to the revolution in Balbadd?" He asked to which I confirmed. I elaborated up until the time I recovered most of my memories. I skipped some parts though, parts that I preferred to keep only to myself.

"I see. Have you recovered most?"
"Yeah! I was surprised and so was Stolas! I'll tell you, both you and Stolas are similar in some ways! Hahaha!"

'M-My Queen! Please stop teasing me!'

'Hoo~ Now aren't you a shy one?' I laughed mentally. I could hear Sitri and Furcas do the same as well which led to his embarrassment. It was hilarious. I stood up and looked at Hakuryuu.

"You're leaving early right? Mind if I tag along?" He beamed at my words.

"I'd be honored! By the way Azami-dono, when are you going to visit Kou Empire again? Koumei-dono is waiting for you." I flushed at his words before turning around in haste.

"I-I-I'll think about when okay!? T-Tell him to just wait!" It made Hakuryuu laugh. Even though he hated the current Kou Family, he still thought that we were perfect for each other.

'I ship it!'

'Nooooooo! Not on my watch!'

'Sigh.'

The next day, it was time to depart. I had my small bag with me and my magic cloth. My hair was now tied into a ponytail. Setta, on the other hand, changed his clothes. He was now wearing a loose fitting trousers (sirwal), white robe that exposed his abdomen and a magic cloth in his waist that I gave him last night. It actually fitted him and looked like his Alma Torran self.

"You look good, Setta!" He beamed at me. I was glad that he was starting to be independent now. I was still worried that he will travel far away from me but my djinns assured me that everything will be alright. Aladdin and the others were still saying their goodbyes.

"To think that I'm already watching you strike out on your own. But it was your decision after all. I respect that." He said.

'He's an old man that's what.'