Scroll 31: Azami's Plan

Thump Thump Thump

That was the only sound I could hear. Barefooted, I walked down a rocky path towards the dark side of the world. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I desperately wiped them away. It hurt to know that one of my friends died but he couldn't be dead right!? His body was still here which could only mean that it was only his soul that was transferred somewhere. The question is where?

Soon, I saw a tingling light ahead of me. I knew that he was there waiting for me. Running towards him, he pulled me to a hug. He heard it from miles away, he knew that they fought yet he didn't interfere. Aladdin was well versed with his nature.

"There, there. You don't have to hold everything in." That was enough. I let everything out. Not only for Alibaba's death but because I felt so lost right now. So lost that I was no longer sure of what I should do. I cried for Alma Torran, my past, my djinn, my friends, Alibaba and especially, my fate. Everything flipped in a second that I lost my way around.

"I look like a mess right now. I'm sorry for the snot, Yunan." I joked.

He chuckled and led me inside his house. He prepared tea and cookies to eat. I drank it all and smiled at the warmth it provided. I couldn't help but let my tears flow. He grabbed a clean cloth and wiped away my face. I was both tired and embarrassed but I knew that he was doing his best to help me up. He sat the opposite side of mine and offered his ears for him to listen. I told him everything, even though I was sure that he already knew since he could hear everything across the world.

"What are you going to do now?" I honestly didn't know what will be my next step but I will not let his death burden me.

"I plan to visit the species of origin. She might know the answer to close that hole and send that 'god' away." His eyes widened at my answer. He clenched his hands tightly that his knuckles turned white.

"I have to do it, Yunan. I am not sure if it will work but I have to take the risk. It's the only way. A civil war is going break out anytime soon and Hakuryuu is the one who's going to lead the opposite side. Kouen already decided that he will not let him do what he wishes. Whatever the result of the war maybe, I have to stick to my destiny."

I stood up from my chair and reached for his hands. I held them within my small ones and said, "You'll wait for me right? I-I don't know if I can tell you yet but when I do, it will be when I come back. So will you?"

He reached for my cheeks and held them closely before he leaned forward to the point that I can feel his breath on my lips.

"I will." His lips touched mine. It was a sweet kiss and I could feel the warmth from it. It tasted a little bitter yet sweet, probably because of the tea and sweets. He deepened it but we had to part for the lack of air. Red tinted my cheeks but a smile was evident on my face.

"I will wait for you no matter how long." I grinned and hugged him. I guess I really fell for this magi. I felt light ringing within my metal vessel. Furcas' necklace glowed.

'Oi, magi! You better treat her right or else, I'll chase you down the ends of this world and kill you, myself.' Furcas growled. I heard a whack somewhere and I assumed it was Sitri and Ipos who did it.

'Damnit, woman!'

'Are you saying something, Furcas?' Ipos asked sickeningly.

'N-Nothing! Nothing!' We laughed at his fear and my staff appeared in my hands. I glanced at Yunan once more before giving him a 'see you later' kiss.

"Alwaqt: Alnnaql Alfadayiy!" A soft glow from underneath me appeared. Before I forgot everything, I sent a part of my rukh to Lucien and Setta telling them to be with Aladdin's side.