Scroll 42: His Prisoner, Azami

Azami stood up and watched as Ugo holds David in his arms. The elder's eyes widened in surprise and asked how. Ugo smiled and explained everything.

"This is what happens when you become a god greater than god himself." He said. David was dumbfounded, still confused as to how it all happened.

"We saw through your plan. We already know that you are going to use Sinbad to enter the palace." She said. David glared at her and asked why she did not do anything to save Sinbad then.

"I want to but to lure you out, we had to sacrifice." With her head down, she used her staff to bind the poor Eder tightly. He winced and Ugo stopped her so that he could explain.

"You know... the Sacred Palace is a system designed to circulate the energy of Ill Ilaah's world efficiently. Since I'm also part of Ill Ilaah's world, well mankind shouldn't be able to predict god's actions. But this is where I changed my mind. It isn't fair that god can peek into the life of others when the others can't peek back." He said.

"What do you mean?" He asked. Azami jumped down and vanished her staff.

"What he meant was that he had so much time in his hands that he used it to study the multilayered structure of the world. Am I right, Ugo?"

"Certainly, but you ruined the fun, Azami." She just shrugged and left Ugo to do what he wishes with him. She went inside the Sacred Palace and examined the room. It was bland and full of books and scrolls. Furcas nudged her to go deeper and in front of them was a sphere with swirling darkness.

"This is where I should put my rukh?"

'Yes. We will have to prevent the rukh from entering the human world once more.' Halphas said. Ronove noticed another presence in their mind. He nudged the pink haired conqueror. She turned around to see Ugo looking at her in confusion.

"What are you doing there, Azami?"

"Solomon's rukh is in here right? And I'm sure you already know what I'm bound to do." She said with a determined look on her face. Ugo's smile turned upside down and showed an unamused face. He asked why she wanted to waste her rukh when Solomon created a perfect world and that he will always look after the humans.

"Look after them? You're making yourself sound sick, Ugo. This is not you. I want to destroy the Sacred Palace and remove the rukh because isn't it time to let the humans live on their own? To strive on their own? To—Kyaah!" She was interrupted when Ugo suddenly grabbed her and looked at her deadly in the eyes. They glistened in tears and showed sadness. Why would he be sad?

'Milady!'

'Azami!'

She shushed her djinns and glanced back at Ugo who wanted to tell her something.

"I can't do that, Azami. Solomon entrusted this world to me. He...He wanted this world to be as it is." He confessed. She could sense doubt so she asked, "Are you sure? You do remember that Solomon never wanted to be king. He just wanted a life where everyone can live in harmony. But do you see this, Ugo? Is this the harmony he wishes? No! There is chaos because of power. Because of the mystical power you handed down to them. I want to remove the rukh and let them live in peace—"

"Azami. The world will be thrown into another chaos if you just suddenly remove the rukh without their approval. Confusion and vulnerability will be visible in their eyes. Is that what you want?" Ugo watched her in tears. Azami stopped and looked down. He was right but without the magi system and rukh, people will learn not to depend on mythical things, in magic. Ugo set her down.

"You should have thought of that, Azami."

"Wait! I can! I can use Stolas' magic one more time to erase everything about the rukh and make it seem as if the world was working with their own natural resources!" Ugo watched her with wide eyes. She explained to him about her own discovery about the mind, science, fuels, industry and economy.