Scroll 33: Aftermath

"The execution of the rebel leader, Ren Kouen will now commence! The man was a great sinner who slaughtered Emperor Hakutoku and ascended for the crown. He divided the empire, assuming that great things will come to good by spilling blood! Therefore, he will be beheaded here and now!!!"

That was the final verdict for Ren Kouen of Kou Empire. Hakuryuu stood atop the throne while the executioner awaited for his signal. The others noticed a lot of things on that day. First was that the Seven Alliance was here to watch the execution. Second was the hand and feet. They were no longer artificial but made of real flesh.

"How...?" That was the question that lingered within their mind. The night before his execution, Kouen and Hakuryuu revealed everything to each other. After their feud, Kouen asked for his sword, Phenex. Hakuryuu reluctantly gave him and what he didn't expect was that Kouen will be exchanging his left arm and feet to him for taking good care of his siblings.

"Execute him on my signal." He said. He glanced one last time at him before giving the signal.

SHING

A resounding sound of sword through flesh echoed around the arena. A lot of people rejoiced while there were some who remained remorseful. Aladdin watched the scene unfold in front of him.

'Hakuryuu.'

That night, Hakuryuu stood alone in his room. Unknown to him, a familiar presence was about to approach.

"Hakuryuu-san." Hakuryuu looked up to see Morgiana. She looked at him with sad eyes.

"Were you trying to kill yourself with that sword?" Evident to that, Hakuryuu was holding a sword in his hands.

"How could I? I already got my country back." He said. Morgiana composed herself. It still hurt that Alibaba died without her doing anything.

"Alibaba is dead. You killed him." She murmured. Hakuryuu heard it enough that he stared at the Fanalis in front of him. He regretted everything that he did to Alibaba. Hakuryuu knew that Morgiana liked Alibaba and that was confirmed when she confessed to him that she loved Alibaba. But he didn't expect her to say something different.

"If things come to this, please live. In addition, please complete the goals you set for yourself."

Hakuryuu saw a new path to his destiny. That gave him a new strength to move forward. Morgiana left him early that night.

Three days later
Kou Empire's Isolated Island

"No way." There standing in front of the exiled prince was the same executed brother they believed to be dead.

"Even surviving like this is a blessing." He laughed. The two brothers raced towards him and hugged the life out of Kouen.

"Brother En!"

Aladdin stood at a distance watching the two of them cry. Out of the shadows came another magician.

"I'm glad Hakuryuu chose this path. It's great don't you think, Aladdin?"

The blue haired magi grinned at the purple haired magician beside him.

"Yes, I believe that Hakuryuu-san did the right thing, Setta."

Setta stomped his staff, the same one from Alma Torran, down and released healing magic to the three to relieve them from any injuries. The Kou soldiers were a little rough on them after all. Aladdin turned to Setta and asked.

"What are you going to do, Setta? This is not yet the end."

"Hmm? Azami-nee told me that I should follow you and maybe lend you a little help. She won't be back for a little longer so I don't think I need to rush everything. By the way, have you felt something different from Sinbad back then plus Hakuei?"