Scroll 50: Protect the Future

Great Flow Room
Azami's POV

I transported us back to the inner room. For now, we were in a long hallway with towering pillars. I must say that the pillars were amazing since they were designed aesthetically. Setta and the others were captivated as well.

"This place sure is amazing." I heard Alibaba said.

"There's nothing really special about this, kid. They're just some bunch of intricate designed posts. What's the big deal?" Judar asked bluntly. Aladdin sweatdropped.

"That's really brutal of you, Judar." Hakuryuu said. The fallen Magi turned to the former emperor before raising his eyebrow. He told him that this kind of pillar was pretty much repetitive. I turned them out before taking out the book of that layouts the Sacred Palace. I believed that we were in the inner part already so I turned to the last part.

"We just have to move forward then make a jump from the huge hole and we'll be able to reach Sinbad. Are you everybody?"

"We're always ready, Azami-nee." Setta answered. I grinned at him before racing down the hallway. This was a little difficult because it was a long way. At the end of it was a door.

"A door?" Alibaba touched the door and told us that it felt the same as that of a dungeon. I shook my head at the irony. He made his trials like the dungeon. I told them that we had to put on our magoi for the door to open.

"Is that so? I'll start then. Zaug Al-Adhra!" A bow of darkness appeared out of his staff and entered one of the orbs on the door. The next to attack was Judar who used Thalg Al-Salos. Then Setta took out his staff and pointed it at the lower orb.

"Sharrar Al-Salos!"

"Harl Harl Infigar!" Aladdin chanted.

"Amol Saiqa!" Alibaba fired another one. And for the final attack, I used Furcas Rosetta. The door was forced open and what awaited us was the huge hole which we have to pass through. The problem was the darkness underneath it. If you fall, then it's over.

"What should we do about this one, Azami?" Alibaba asked. I took out my staff and ordered the shadows around me. It will cost me some of my magoi but I was willing to.

"Zalam Zel!" I was able to make a bridge for them and they were about halfway but then the presence around us changed. A portal was opened and there stood a woman with pink dress, white headpiece that covered her face and a familiar staff. Setta stepped in.

"Falan? Is that really you?" He asked. The woman smiled.

"It has been awhile hasn't it, Setta? You too, Azami. Unfortunately, I cannot let you pass. We have to complete Master Sinbad's plan to change the world! For then, for then, I will be able to be with my beloved Tess." She said in glee. More like in delusion. I knew that it was traumatizing for her to see Tess die but this was taking things too far. I should know that death was inevitable and so was war.

"Falan! Just accept that he's dead. Your child is now resting in peace. Why do you insist on doing this!?" Setta asked her. She just gave him a crooked grin before using ice magic to trap us.

"Thalg Thageyya." She froze our lower limbs and when we tried to wiggle out, it just tightened around us and gotten colder than ever. She laughed at us and said that the more we struggle, the more that it will just hurt us. My staff was in my hands but I could not feel my fingers. Setta, Aladdin and Alibaba tried to help as well with their heat magic. It melted but it just came back up.

"What the hell is with this ice!?"

"I can't believe that Falan has mastered such manipulation strength to the ice magic. I'll have to break this one through though. Kasr Aljalid!" With his words only, the ice around us cracked and we were released. Setta flexed his fingers before taking his staff in position.