The first date

KELLY'S VIEW

I got up from cleaning up his wound. Why was he so quiet all of a sudden? Was he embarrassed?

"You can go sit down, I don't want you to hurt yourself anymore." I said with a bit of humor in my voice, I was trying to lighten the mood.

"Ok, sorry something just crossed my mind, I'll be in my office." He said, I could sense something was bothering him. I nodded.

Watching the news and cooking and I finshed cooking about 10 minutes after. I looked for plates and forks which, they looked expensive. I wonder what he wants to drink. Maybe coffee? It bothers me that I will be living with a man that I know nothing about. Ughhhh.I will just pour orange juice.

Now, does he want to eat with me? I mean he went into his office, and I don't want to bother him. Just to be safe I will bring his breakfast to him.

Wait. Where is his office?

After looking for his office which didn't take long, since it was in the hallway under the staircase and to the right.

Knock knock knock..... "Come in" his voice sounded very deep and again, ceo-ish.

"I brought your breakfast here, I didn't know if you had" he interrupted "there's was no point in bringing this to me, I was planning on eating with you." Him saying that made me smile, which caused him to smile.

He took the plate from my hands and our fingers brushed over each other's, I felt electric and it felt good. I could tell by his expression he felt it too.

We sat by the breakfast bar and started eating while watching the news. I could tell something was bothering him, he was so quiet. It kinda felt awkward.

To break the awkwardness I said " So, since I'm missing my shift right now, what are we going to do?"

Just as I said this the new announced the local fair was in town. Jesse then turned to me and said "I have an idea" wiggling his eyebrows.

"The fair?" I ask, he doesn't seem like the fair type. If that is a thing. "Yes, I been to one a long time ago, and after we could to dinner."

Going to the fair.... The last time I went to the fair was with my sister and parents. My sister used to love The Drop Zone and every other crazy ride, she was for sure a dare devil. She was funny and made me happy and brought up my spirits when I was down. She was a great sister. Thinking of this. Them. Making me remember, just, brought me my spirits down. I blame myself, for their death. Moving so far for college, begging them to come for graduation. It was all my fault.

" Kelly are you alright?" Jesse said, his voice full of worry and concern.

I didn't noticed tears welling up in my eyes, until one fell. He wiped it away with his thumb "What's wrong" again his voice full of worry.

"Nothing" I dismissed like the tears were never there.

"Stop bullshitting me" he said his voice with concern and a tint of anger.

"I was just thinking of the last time I went to the fair...... with my family" I didn't want to cry anymore about my family's death, but my heart was making it damn hard.

"We don't have to go, if " I interrupted "No! I want to." I wanted to make a new experience, a new memory, even though this relationship may or may not last I want a new memory.

He told me I can shower and get ready in his bathroom and he would shower in the second one.

I was still considered broke so I had little clothes, but I dressed in light blue jeans and a white long sleeved crop top. I put on the studs my mother gave me before I left for college and I put on a little chapstick since makeup is to expensive right now.

I walked out to see Jesse. In a suit? "Why are you wearing a suit? To the fair?" I said.

"Well, were going to dinner afterwards, so I just thought I should." He said while shrugging his shoulders. I must say he was looking good. His hair was slightly brushed and his jawline looked really good with his grey suit. I know a really good comparison.