Pain

JESSIE'S VIEW

I did it. I should be happy. But my heart and and my mind felt dead. I felt dead. Who was I kidding I feel like shit.

You bastard. Kept running through my mind. This hurt more than I thought. I've just met this girl and she's making me feel all these things. Well now its over.

I don't want it over, it was just the beginning, it was perfect. I was still standing in front of the elevator doors like a fool. My heart felt heavy hopeless , despondent, desperate. It was the worst emotional pain I have been through in my life, by far. Is this what being broken hearted felt like. 

The only satisfaction I had was that yesterday I gave her my grandmother's necklace. I didn't tell her that but my grandfather bought that for my grandmother when he knew she was the one. It symbolizes that she owned his heart. Last year, when my family was having their ritual of talking about when are you going to settle down Jesse, my grandmother gave it to and said Jesse don't sell this, but give it the one.

I will always remember those words coming out her mouth. Did this mean I loved Kelly. I can't be, I just met her, but my heart told me I was right.

I finally stood up, and walked into the bedroom, I didn't feel to eat. I walk into the bedroom and see the closet open, well at least she had clothes. Wait... she didn't take all, her dresses, her shirts, pants, why didn't she take them. "FUCK" I scream.

WAIT... the one part in my plan I didn't think of. Where would she go. I kicked her out the only place she knew as her home. Jesus Christ aren't I dumb, stupid, heartless. I deserve to be alone not to be happy. Kelly deserves better.

Looking at her dresses, there were all beautiful, she would've looked gorgeous in them. What have I done. Whats done is done and I fall on top the bed and I want to sleep but I can't. All I feel is guilt.

The bed still has her smell, and I stifle myself with if like as if it was my oxygen.

***

KELLY'S VIEW

I wake up not to a beautiful sunset but a dark room. Natalia's living room. It was dark, but it was 6. Oh stupid me, the blinds aren't open. Opening the blinds I instantly regretted that decision as the sunrise shot onto my face. Looking behind me I see a note on the counter which read:

"Gm Kelly, its Natty I left to go to the store, but I'll be back in time to pick you up at 7. SO BE READY.
                   -natty💕"

Well time for a shower. While in the shower the sunrise didn't wake me up and fill me up with joy as it used to. Damn you Jesse why did you have to play me like that. My dark circles under my eyes, Jesse was making me look a mess.

"Kelly are youu ready!!" Natalia yelled from the door.

"I'm only right here." I said with an attempting smile sitting on the couch. In the car Natty pointed out my necklace. I completely forgot about it.

"Thanks" I said. Since I haven't told her about Jesse she wouldn't understand. Stepping into the restaurant I went to the clock in station and took my necklace off. It didn't fell right leaving my neck, like it had some sort of magnetic force to it. It's to nice to throw away, but I don't want any reminders of Jesse.

"Brooks, get to work." Mr.Greene yelled. And with that I scurried my way to work and put the necklace in my apron pocket. This day didn't feel right, everything was moving so fast while I felt like a turtle.

It was unbelievably hectic today so we got only 10 minutes lunch. I liked it this way, it made it easier not to think about Jesse. But I never said he wasn't there. Ughhh why does he have to be so attractive and..Perfect with him.

"Table 44" Natty yelled to me. I nodded and headed that way.

I see a familiar face. Jesse's ex-girlfriend or ex-date, whatever she was.

"Hi, my name is Kelly, and I will be you waitress for today, here are your menus."

"Well, lookie hear, you don't look so well, what happened." She said in an innocent screechy voice but her eyes full of deceit.

"Nothing, if you need any help just call me." I said about to walk away.

"Wait, come here." She said. Her date giving her the look like what the fuck are you doing.

"How may I help you." I say, what did she want from me.

"You may help me, by whatever you had with Jesse break it off, cause he's mine. Ok. Now scurry along waitress." She said with a devious smile.

"I don't know who Jesse is, so you must have the wrong person." I say in a  monotone voice.

"What's the point of me here" her date said before she put her hand off and said to me "I'm not dumb, I saw you two at the fair, now go to your task of breaking up or basing on your looks he already has." She said laughing, her laugh was obnoxious like an evil witch.

Before she could say anything else I left the table and went to the janitors closet and locked the door and turned on the light.

I burst out crying. Crying of pain, crying of I don't know everything. How did she know I was with Jesse, how could she say he's hers. Oh my god how could I be such an idiot. Thats probably his girlfriend and I was his fling and he had to break things off with me before things got to far.

A part of me felt jealous, that she was with him, but why was she on a date. Or was that a date. Am I jumping to conclusions? I don't know anymore I'm way to confused.

How long have I been in here? I must get back to work before Mr. Greene notices. I walk to the employee bathroom and throw cold water on my face. My eyes were still puffy and had dark circles under them, it's the worst combination.

Getting back to work I found out table 44's names are Sandra and Brandon.

Sandra. I hate Sandra for making me feel this way. The rest of the night we acted as if we never talked and the my shift ran smoothly from there on. Natty had to leave early because she had some family emergency and she left money for me for a taxi.

Finishing my shift I didn't want to go back to Natty's apartment right away. I needed fresh air.