She's back

JESSE'S VIEW

STUPID BUSINESS DEAL!! I have to go away for 2 days to Albany for a damn business deal. Damn investor needs 48 hours of my time. Time that could be spent with Kelly!

"DAMN IT ANDRE. DO I HAVE TO GO." I whine. Half shout.

"Sorry Jesse. I mean I can try to cut it down for a day but I don't think I can do anymore after that. You have to realize that its multiple businesses there, that means multiple deals and propositions which leads to much needed time to think. You also need to think long and hard about the decisions." He says calmly.

"Shut up. I don't want to hear that." I say, coldly.

"And you're also telling me I can't bring no one along." I say.

"Yes, not my decision. Its Francisco's." He retorts.

Damn this stupid deal. Why thats stupid. I would ask why but knowing Andre, he has some smart comeback up his sleeve.

"Out." I shout. I need time to think.

I don't feel comfortable leaving Kelly alone at my pent. Not that I don't trust her, its that I don't trust Sandra or her brother Jason Greene. How am I going to tell her?

KELLY'S VIEW

The day passes by quickly and as expected Jesse comes inside the restaurant to pick me up. His demeanor looks different. Whats wrong with him.

I say bye to Natalia and some of the other staff. I get inside the car and before he can drive I stop him. I take my hand and turn his cheek to look at me. I can tell by looking into my eyes somethings on his mind. He almost looks scared.

"I'm trying to read your mind but your not helping." I smirk.

He puts on a trying smile. "Has anyone told you how enchanting your eyes are."

Such an odd question. "Ummmm.. I mean I know there blue, sometimes I get compliments for them, but never got enchanting. Thats a first." I raise an eyebrow.

JESSE'S VIEW

"Your eyes, pierce through me, like they can read me. There beautiful, like a perfect spring blue sky. To say that your eyes were ordinary blue was like saying that the sun was yellow. Sufficient but not accurate to capture the burning." I didn't mean to rant.

She smiles. Her heart stopping smile that automatically brightens my day even more than being just with her.

"Has anyone told you that you have green eyes with a tint of hazel." She says, holding in her laugh.

I laugh. She only knows how to lighten my spirit. Her laughter sounds so perfect.

***

We arrive back home, and I feel all the stress again.

"I'll make dinner." She says.

"Before you start let me talk to you." I want to get this off my chest.

"No. Wait until dinner. I'm hungry." She says, stubbornly.