Breathe

KELLY'S VIEW

I needed some fresh air, I've been feeling stifled for way to long. I need to start over, forget Jesse and all that mess. Maybe get my own apartment, become independent and strong.

Walking down the streets on Brooklyn as I done on my first day of work I look around to see happy couples. Laughing and enjoying their meals. It made me happy to look at them but slightly jealous. All I could do was a have a small smile on my face walking down my face.

I don't know how long I've been walking but I reach the magnificent Brooklyn Bridge. It was a glorious sight especially at night.

It was calming, its just what I needed.

JESSE'S VIEW

I wake up, depressed. I see the sunrise which would usually wake me up but I felt like it was still night. A grey, cloudy and depressing night. I felt empty a void in my chest that was slowly expanding.

I must get ready for work.

***

Walking into my building my receptionist gave me a scared look. Walking into my private elevator I see my reflection on the metallic doors. I look serious, angry if you call it. I had dark circles under my eyes and I look a mess.

I walking into my office I slam the doors and get busy. Andre comes knocking about I don't know how long I've been reading business deals and propositions, stocks, list goes on. It feels like time is not moving and its staying still.

"Jesse, you have a meeting in 30 minutes." Andre says. I could see his eyes searching my face looking for why I look the way I look.

"Are you done checking me." I say unamused.

"Sorry, but lighten up, you look a mess." He says while walking out the door.

***

30 minutes finally came but, it felt like a whole day. My intercom goes off. "Mr. Johnson your 3:00 meeting is about to start."

"I know must I fly there!" I yell in my office. I'm loosing my mind, I'm yelling at my ottoman.

I press floor 9 on my elevator and I step in the room which is holding my meeting. I'm meeting with the CEO of Stockwood co. , they want to present a business merge which I doubt I will do.

His presentation or so called presentation is shitty. Its worse than I thought. Knock knock knock.

There's a knock at the the door and a secretary comes in and says nervously "Mr. Johnson you have a call."

"Hello Jesse its Sandra, I was wondering if you would like to get dinner tonight at Port" I interrupt "No, I would not like to."

"Aww is it your girlfriend, the waitress." She said in annoying whiny voice.

"Stop that noise, you're making my ears bleed. And how do you know about her." I say, my heart is now beating faster, in worry.

"I have eyes and ears in places you wouldn't believe." I could sense her smiling deviously.

"Goodbye" I hang up. I walk back into the room.

"If your done with your phone call perhaps we can continue" the CEO says snobbishly. I was getting sick of his attitude.

"Yes" I say. "And if your done with that bullshit you were just trying to sell us , you can start with your real presentation. Otherwise you can just leave."

He gasp and I sit down rolling up my sleeves.

***

That business meeting was finally over and of course I didn't buy it.

I didn't feel like going home, i know if I go home it will remind me of her. At least she's never been in my office though she's always in my mind.

It bothered me that Sandra knew I was with Kelly, but at least I can say we aren't together anymore. I knew I had dinner with my family later but I decided to ditch.

I wasn't feeling like myself. I don't even think I can pull of a fake act, like everything was fine. See what you've done to me Sandra, Kelly. Especially Sandra, if it weren't for you I could've been with Kelly.

I don't want to go home to much reminders pf Kelly. I will just sleep in my bedroom adjoining my office.