Adjusting

JESSE'S VIEW

At work I just remember I have dinner with my family, Saturday. Should I bring Kelly?

What kind of question is that dumbass, of course. Kelly is someone I want to showoff, I'm proud of her and her basically being my first serious relationship. My mother will flip out when she sees her and I can't wait for her reaction.

Ring...ring...ring

Back to work.

***
These last few days gave been heaven and every minute I'm with her my heart starts to flutter. Flutter it seems like such a girly word but is the only way to describe this feeling.

I've known her for around a month and a half but it felt different. Theres was a connection between us that brought us together, it was like a magnet effect. I don't think this is normal. I feel almost obsessed. No this is not normal. Is it?

This morning I didn't want to leave her sleeping body. She was off today and so she'll be home all day, to herself. And tomorrow! She told her days have been dropped dramatically recently and this also effects her income. She doesn't need to worry about that, I'll pay for everything her heart desires.

Finally I finish my work and it's around 5.

Ding.

My phone notification hoes off. It's a text from my mother reminding me about dinner Saturday. Shit. I almost forgot. I have to ask Kelly to accompany me. My mother will be sooo excited, I can't wait.

I drive home as fast as the speeding limit would allow me, and I race walk to the garage elevator. Why is this elevator teasing me going so damn slow.

Ding. The doors open to a empty living room. "Kelly?" I yell. I hear no answer . Where is she. I start to get nervous. Did she leave me. Was this all too much.

"BOO!"

I turn my head to fast I thought it would snap off. And I see a laughing Kelly. She looked gorgeous.

"I scared you." She teased.

"No, just surprised." I stammer, I wasn't afraid of her scaring me but, her leaving me. Her laugh was contagious it made me start to laugh.

"Liar." She said.

"Nope, I only tell the truth." Wait.

"Huh, ironic because I could recall someone breaking up with me for not.." I stopped her from speaking, or just bringing that up "that's different." I say.

I tried to play it off but I think it came of angry.

"I have something to ask you." I don't know why I was nervous but she could still say no.

"Shoot." She says, oh I lover her wit.

"This Saturday my mother is having a dinner and I want you to be my date." I say, in a very strong voice, the voice I use for business meetings.

She smiled. Thats a good sign. "Of course."

I sighed in relief. "Good, do you have something to wear?" I ask. I secretly hopes she wants to go shopping, I liked spending money on her.

"I mean...I have something to wear but I don't knkw if its good enough. Is there a dress code?"

Dress code I've never heard that before.

"Honestly you can wear a sack and make it look good, but it's just dinner. But lets go shopping, my treat." I say.

A stupid grin is on my face, its because of her and her smile, body, personality, beauty, just her.

KELLY'S VIEW

I loved shopping period! But with Jesse was 10 times better. It's so cute how he's intimidated by the store Victoria Secret.

I got a black crop shirt and a patterned blue shirt that fell under my knees. I looked elegant and it's perfect to wear to meet someones parents.

Friday I'm off and Jesse left for work not to long ago.

Ding. My phone notification go off, its from Natalia.

"Hey Kelly. I won't be back until the new year, which is 2 weeks, my grandparents died in an accident. Don't worry I've already told Mr. Green. Loves."

Ugghhh.... I'm going to miss her at work.