Ughhhhhhh

KELLY'S VIEW

She just walks out, like nothing happened. Like nothing is wrong. While for me everything is spiraling out of control.

Am I letting this affect me too much? Am I overreacting? Is she telling the truth? Who is she? Are the rumors true? Am I really made to be in this lifestyle?

Ughhhhh. I can't think. Too many things running through my head. I can think!

Ughhh. I must've look like an idiot to her. I couldn't even speak.

I rush to the door. "Natty I'm on a short break." I say pushing the doors, without an answer.

I know. I know. A dramatic exit, but I don't care. I need to think. My legs just start walking, no control. I don't know where I'm walking and I don't care either.

Is it true? That I bring down the worth of his business?

Wasn't I just think about this? At the business party. That I know I don't fit in with this life. How would they know I'm basically poor. I have a college education but no high end job.  I work a restaurant not a high end high profile job.

Before I knew it I was at the Brooklyn Bridge, where I came the last time I needed to think. Except this time its in the afternoon not night.

I see a duck at thec corner of my eye, sitting down at the edge of where the water and land meet. It look more at peace, and stress free than me.

"Do you think I'm a gold-digger. I mean yeah, a poor girl and crazy wealthy man, it sounds like that, but I don't want him for his money. Yes, yes I know thats what they all say. But I'm serious. Ughhh..... duckey, that's not even what's really bothering me. What's bothering me is that I may be bringing down his business, worth network, people talking bad about him, ect. And thats the last thing I had in mind. I mean at the party I almost had a panic attack, worrying about what people think of me and if they would like me. And look what's happening, apparently people don't like me and are talking shit about me. They don't even know me! But then again she could be lying. And duckey, that she just came up to me and started talking to me about all this. I know crazy, who knows if she's lying. Better question who is she? She was gorgeous though, like model type. Could she be an ex of Jesse's? Somebody from the party? Or a complete stranger? Am I blowing this all outta proportion?" I look over to the duck.

I must look crazy, ranting to a duck. Actually expecting it to answer. Some reason it reminds of snow white, but at least her animals talked back.

I guess I just really needed to rant, and rave to somebody. Or some animal. I check the time off my phone.

SHITTT! I've been gone for 30 minutes.

"Bye duckey thank for your time." I wish O had breadcrumbs now.

I race back to the restaurant.

"KELLY BROOKS WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!" I hear Natalia come towards me.

"Calm down, I just needed some air, but I'm back now." I say, trying to calm her down. I don't need all the extra attention on us either.

I start to walk away before giving her a chance to speak. I know it sounds rude, but I don't feel like explaining myself.

I go back to waiting tables, acting as if nothing's happened. I don't want to think about what just happened.