ONE

Shiver

So I look in your direction,
But you pay me no attention,
And you know how much I need you,
But you never even see me.

"Here's your food, sweetheart." Kai winked as he stepped into the gross motel room that he had been holding Jasmine in for the past two days. She had remained silent and he had remained talkative, the only communication what was made between the two were the daggers that Jasmine would glare at Kai. He found it all the more amusing which infuriated Jasmine even more.

Kai sarcastically sighed before stalking back over to her and loosening her ties so that she could eat her bread and water. Kai liked to think he wasn't a monster because he was feeding her and keeping her alive and letting her use the bathroom every once in a while, all he wanted was revenge on the Salvatore brothers.

Damon and Stefan knew of their distant relative, Jasmine but she knew nothing of them and that's how they both wanted it. Jasmine was the younger sister of the late Zach Salvatore, who Damon murdered in cold blood as to which Jasmine was still slightly heartbroken over after learning that she was adopted and the only family she knew of was now dead.

Kai also researched into the Salvatore family, he wanted revenge and since he had already disposed of Elena and couldn't kill Bonnie without bringing Elena back, he had to dig deeper and think outside of the box. Stefan and Damon both cared for Jasmine in a way, she was family after all and that's why Malachai chose her as his victim.

Jasmine slowly bit into the plain bread and grimaced at how stale it tasted, she would rather him kill her and end her misery in this god forsaken room but no he decided to torture her with sarcasm and stale bread.

"Damn girl, slow down." He sarcastically hollered as she nibbled on the bread, glaring up at him as she chewed silently. Two days too long in this hell hole and she had no plan of escape. Every day at dawn, he would visit and let her use the restroom and would return at noon and he would give her the food and then return at twilight to let her use the restroom again and would not return until the next day.

Possibilities ran through her head and the only one what she actually was considering was starving herself to end her pain, she couldn't see why he would ever let her go but then again she didn't see her purpose to him. She was just Jasmine, she had never seen this guy before and if he wanted money, he came to the wrong family. The Woods family were not rich and so if he proposed money in exchange for their adoptive daughter then he would not receive a dime.

She so badly wanted to ask what he wanted with her, she so badly wanted to ask if he would let her go free but she wouldn't give up. All he would receive from her was silence and daggers in the form of her light brown eyes. She almost uttered the words but she held her tongue and carried on nibbling on her bread. She was surprised that the motel was letting him hold a girl captive here but she was smart enough to know that they probably knew nothing of her.

The idea struck her faster than the bat did that Kai used to knock her out, she could scream bloody murder for help, the walls were not very thick nor soundproof as it was only a grimy motel that got a few backpackers for visitors. She took one last nibble of her bread as Kai slumped down the motel door, tucking his knees under his chin as if he was deep in thought.

She sucked in her breath as quiet as she could and let out the loudest blood-curdling scream that had ever fallen past her plump lips. Kai's eyes widened immediately, shooting up from where he was slumped against the door and smacking his palm against the girl's mouth with a murderous glint in his eyes.

"Now, now, Jasmine. Do you want to find out what happens to people when they do that?" He tutted at her, at which her eyes considerably widened at. She bit his hand aggressively, he cried out in pain clutching his hand and then she took her chance by letting out another scream of bloody murder as she shouted cries of help.

"Motus!" Kai outstretched his hand at the girl sending her and her chair flying across the room and it hitting the wall, the chair breaking into pieces as she fell to the ground, coughing as she let out a cry. In an attempt to escape, she attempted to crawl towards the door, this was her shot. Kai once again muttered Latin words, dragging her body towards him as she let out a cry of frustration.

He grabbed her hair, lifting her head up so he could whisper in her ear the threatening words that she would never forget.

"Do that again and I'll cut out your spleen." His words were cold and deadly as they sunk into her brain slowly, he yanked her up by her hair as she let out cries of pain but he didn't seem to care as his face had completely changed. All she could see on him was pure and utter evil as if there was no going back now.

"What do you want with me?" She had finally uttered the words and Kai had finally got to hear her voice for the first time after he had taken her. It wasn't the first time he had ever heard her speak, he had been stalking her months before stealing her and her voice was bubbly and excitable but hearing it now, it sounded strained and broken.

He held her by the collar of her shirt so that she was eye level with him and she tried not to cry at being so close to this devilish man. He smirked at her but it was different from all the other smirks that he sent her way, this one was not one to make your knees feel weak from swooning but one from fear.

"Now you're ready to hear the story." He maliciously grinned before hand cuffing her to the radiator, not quite knowing what to do with her after breaking the chair, which he was now starting to regret. "Just- Just let me go, please!" She pleaded but he just shrugged, sitting crossed legged in front of the girl, admiring the crimson blood trickling down her cheek from her head. There was something about blood that Kai loved, watching it ooze out of bodies and the vibrancy of the liquid.

"I was banished to this place on my 22nd birthday in 1994 to this prison, where I endured decades in that hell. I was finally freed due to this girl who I was quite taken with, Bonnie Bennett. She was a witch and with her blood, I escaped with the ascendant leaving her there. It was quite clever actually." Jasmine backed away from the man that she had thought lost his mind as he babbled about witches as if they were real.

"And then she got out and it all hit the fan really. I got revenge on most of my coven, turning into a heretic but then Damon. You'd like Damon, but Damon he literally decapitated me with his bare hands. With one swing of his wrist and poof my head was.. gone. And Jasmine, that made me angry, very angry. So that's why you're here, I'm getting revenge on Damon and his brother. I'm getting revenge on the Salvatore brothers."

"S-Salvatore?" Jasmine stuttered, recognising her brother, Zach's, last name.

"Yes, Jasmine. The Salvatores. Your ancestors." He smirked, chuckling to himself at Jasmine's surprised expression.