EIGHTEEN

Sweet Dreams (Steven Angello Remix)

Sweet dreams are made of this,
Who am I to disagree?

"Have you ever been to a rave before? I don't think I've ever been to a rave before so as you can tell I'm quite excited but I also feel sick. Does that mean I'm nervous? Or maybe it was the janky ass hot dog we got a mile back but either way I'm excited." Kai rambled whilst slurping his coke on the drive down to the field that Kai claimed to be near Whittemore but Jasmine started to think that it wasn't the case.

"No, I've never been to a rave before." Jasmine adjusted her wig on her head that was itchier than she remembered, it was another form of torture having to wear a cheap itchy wig against your will. Jasmine was shivering, only in a pair of short shorts and a tank top since she knew that raves got sweaty but it being the end of February the weather wasn't ideal.

"Wow, Jazzy! We're both rave virgins, we're going to lose our rave virginity together." Jasmine couldn't tell if Kai was on a sugar rush or if he was just in an especially good mood. Night was creeping up on them and Jasmine was most certainly not looking forward to spending her night with drunk and high teenagers listening to heavy bass EDM but she didn't want to dare dampen Kai's good mood.

"How romantic." She sarcastically replied, staring out of the window with a frown plastered on her face. Kai furrowed his eyebrows and narrowed his blue irises onto the girl. 

"Who burst your bubble, Debbie Downer?"

"Nobody has burst my bubble, I'm pretty sure my bubble was burst in November when I was kidnapped by a heretic with a revenge plot against two vampire brothers!" Jasmine exploded slightly before apologising profusely about her little outburst. 

"I'm sorry, it's just that it's my brother's twelfth birthday today and seeing your face is a daily reminder that you are the reason that I'm not there to give him his birthday present or to sing him happy birthday or watch him blow out his candles." She sighed slightly, running her hand through her wig then having to adjust it again.

"What is your brother like?"

"Annoying. But I love him nonetheless, we may not be blood related but we had each other's backs like our lives depended on it." Jasmine smiled slightly at the thought of her brother, Kai nodded slightly before falling into a silence.

"Pear drop?" Jasmine turned to face the heretic who was holding out a paper bag filled with pear drops, she wiped the tear that she didn't know that she let out and smiled nodding to the offer of the pear drop.

"Sometimes I think that if my parents accepted me for who I was then my siblings would be alive today and I wouldn't be a sociopath but then I think to myself that I like myself and I like who I am and I wouldn't change that for anyone or anything."

"No one at all? If someone really special came along, you wouldn't want to change for them?"

"If they were really that special they wouldn't want me to change, they would like me for what I am." Kai responded thoughtfully and Jasmine just nodded, she understood what he was saying but felt slight disappointment that Kai would never want to change.

"What's in the bags?" Jasmine twisted round in her seat to look at the plastic bags filled with confinements that Kai had shoved in the back of the car. "Alcohol." Jasmine just nodded at his response, she wasn't really in the mood to get drunk nor was she at a legal age to either but if she wanted to survive night then she would probably have to have some toxin running through her veins.

"Cody has moved on to another girl, apparently a two year relationship meant nothing to him. I bet he got lots of attention off of girls from being the missing girl's boyfriend, freaking Kimberly Fell." Jasmine ranted slightly, it wasn't like Cody and Jasmine were in love anymore but it still stung, it stung a lot.