SEVENTEEN

Seven Nation Army

I'm gonna fight them off,
A Seven Nation Army couldn't hold me back.

"What did you want to be when you grew up?" Malachai asked absent-mindedly whilst poking pasta around his plate at the island in the kitchen. This was a regular occurrence for the pair - them eating dinner together. Kai had decided it would be best to keep Matt Donovan for a week because he didn't want to risk his exposure too soon into the plan.

"I wanted to be a teacher, I liked to teach people. You?" Jasmine chewed on a piece of pasta, the only thing that Kai seemed to cook nowadays.

"I never had future plans because of the neglect of my parents but I suppose I like cooking so possibly a chef." Kai never brought up his parents anymore, his hatred running so deep under his skin that he boiled with rage at the thought of them. 

"In Florida, at the mall, did you think about killing me?" Jasmine asked nonchalantly but truly the question had popped up in her mind quite a few times and it still haunted her. Kai pondered for a moment, opened his mouth and then closed it again not knowing quite what to say.

"I don't think your betrayal could ever have hurt as much Bonnie's did, I'd never been betrayed like that in my life - not including Josette. So no, I don't think I thought about killing you, it didn't hurt me as much as Bonnie did." He spoke calmly despite Jasmine believing he was going to flip at her question.

"Why didn't you kill Bonnie then?"

"I nearly did, many times. Personally, I think I got my revenge on Bonnie with what I did to her and Elena. Death would have been too kind of me - killing someone for revenge feels great for a while but the revenge where you cause mental strain and agony for a long period of time, that's the revenge that feels great forever." Jasmine didn't say anything, she just nodded at his little tangent.

"I think today is the day that Matty Blue Eyes gets to go home, don't you think?" Kai announced, taking Jasmine's half eaten plate away to the sink along with his. Kai had allowed Jasmine to regularly go and talk to Matt and now that he was allowed to go home she would be back to square one - having nobody but Kai to talk to.

She had asked him countless questions about what had been going on whilst she was gone and it turned out that her boyfriend Cody had moved onto somebody else - freaking Kimberly Fell. So much for being heartbroken over the disappearance, he moved onto the most popular girl in their grade at high school.

"Are you sure? Maybe he had a lot of vervain in his system." Jasmine attempted to reason but Kai just looked at her as if she was insane and truly he thought she was. 

"That's insane, it's been a week." He shrugged her question off, marching towards the stairs with a purpose and Jasmine following behind like a lost puppy as per usual.

"Today is your lucky day, Matthew!" Malachai barged his way into the deputy's temporary bedroom - startling the boy in the process. Kai dragged the stool from the dressing table over to in front of his bed with a playful smirk on his lips.

"Motus." Matt's body involuntarily dragged closer to Kai, the heretic leaned forward and grabbed the deputy by the chin so they could make direct eye contact. 

"You're going to walk out of this house and as soon as you step foot outside you're going to forget all about Jasmine and I. And if somebody asks you where you've been all week, you're going to tell them that you went to find your mother." Matt nodded robotically before standing up from the bed and walking away from the room and soon enough the house all together.

"Thank god, one less mouth to feed." Kai let out a sigh of relief as he watched Matthew Donovan walk away from the house without any recollection of the pair or what he had been up to for the past week.

"Why did Esmeralda possess you and take you back to hell?"

"You're just full of questions today! Jazzy, you're making my head spin." He exasperated but Jasmine remained unamused, it was another question that swirled around her mind that remained unanswered.

"She was just making sure that I was still going through with the plan, just checking up on me." He shrugged his shoulders but Jasmine was far from satisfied with that answer, she had learnt the art of knowing when Kai Parker was lying and at that moment she definitely knew he was.

"Not good enough. Tell me the truth Kai." Jasmine folded her arms, raising an eyebrow for effect. Kai let out a long groan before turning to face the brunette properly, she tapped her foot waiting causing for him to roll his eyes.

"She was worried about the spell being broken, she thinks I'm going too soft." He waved his arms around as he talked as if to say 'are you happy now?'

"Is that why she made you nearly kill Matt? To spark that anger inside of you again?" Jasmine was already afraid of the witch that Kai rarely ever talked about but the thought that the witch goes to those sort of measures just to make sure her plan was falling into place unnerved Jasmine.

"Enough about that anyway, I say we whip out that blonde wig again and get out of town for a day or two. It'll give you a chance to redeem yourself about leaving the house again plus I'm already sick of this house, I'm going stir crazy." Kai rambled, using his phone to search for places for the two to go visit, ignoring her questions completely.

"Kai-"

"Found somewhere! There's some rave thing in a field near Whittemore, I think we should go. You know, live like teenagers!" Kai danced like some maniac, mimicking the sound of rave music which made Jasmine chuckle slightly.

"Teenagers? Kai, you're like forty something-"

"Nope! No! Nunca! We do not mention my age, we're going out and we're going to have some sort of fun that a kidnapper and a hostage can have together." He silenced the girl at which she smiled at slightly, he was in a good mood and she did not want to ruin that. When Kai Parker was in a good mood, you took advantage of it or you cherished it.

Because you just never knew when the opportunity was going to come around again.