TWENTY THREE

Kill All Your Friends

I was killing before killing was cool,
You're so cool.

"You're leaving now?" Jasmine sat up in bed when Kai came in with his signature black denim jacket and backpack on, she immediately winced at the intense ache that exploded in her head from sitting up.

"Yes, the sooner we find that blood the better." Kai adjusted the strap on his backpack as Jasmine stared at the heretic in front of her. She couldn't believe that he was going to venture into the Salvatore Boarding house on his own. 

"Be careful. Alright?" Jasmine pleaded but Kai just rolled his eyes before obliging to her request. "I'll be back before you know it, try not to get too lonely without me." He smirked but Jasmine just threw one of those pillows but with his reflexes he easily dodged it.

"I'll see you in a few hours, don't do anything stupid." He warned the girl before disappearing out the door. Kai was anxiety ridden as he wandered down the streets of Mystic Falls with a cloaking spell to keep him hidden. Anything and everything could go wrong and he the anticipation for disaster was killing him.

He hummed the tune to some nineties grunge classic as he reluctantly made his way to the Salvatore Boarding House. It was a sunny day and particularly warm for March which improved Malachai's mood as he continued to hum to a song by Nirvana. Kai entered the building without any issues which was always start and started searching the library for the vials of blood.

He lazily threw books off of the shelves in hunt for just one vial of blood but only found gathering dust that occasionally made him cough or sneeze. He rummaged around the drinks and feeling a slight disappointment at the lack of Zima despite it not existing anymore.

Kai began to feel frustrated at the idea of how big the mansion was and how the small the vial of blood was. It was going to be like finding a needle in a haystack but this time someone's life was at risk and that life was Jasmine's.

"Dammit!" He yelled with force as he launched a book at the wall but froze in the spot to see a Damon Salvatore glaring at the books on the floor with folded arms with Bonnie Bennett appearing beside him. Kai clenched his fists at the sight of Bonnie wanting nothing more than to inflict pain onto the witch.

"It's a witch, I can feel their magic." Bonnie announced to Damon. Kai stood startled, starting to back away from the pair despite them not being able to see him. "Are they still here?" Damon glared around the room trying to find the culprit that kept intruding into his house.

"Yes, in fact. They are right over here." Bonnie walked towards Kai, waving her hand to reveal the heretic which caught the vampire and the witch off guard. "What? How is that possible?"

"Motus!" Bonnie was flung across the room into a bookshelf where she fell limp at the force she was thrown. Damon charged at the heretic but he easily dodged, being quicker and smarter than the raven haired vampire.

"How is this possible?" Damon spat at the heretic but Kai just laughed hysterically at the astonishment of the vampire. 

"Turns out you have a lot of enemies in Hell." Malachai chuckled darkly, confusion flooded the vampire.

"Hell?"

"Motus!" Bonnie had managed to get up from and shake off her injuries then sending Kai into a glass table where it shattered into hundreds of pieces. "Ouch! Bonbon let's talk this one out." Bonnie ignored his joke by using another spell that made him start gasping for air. 

Kai couldn't get enough air to his lungs and it felt like his throat was closing up as he grasped at his throat that was begging and crying for air.

He stopped the spell with another by distracting Bonnie with a quick fire spell, igniting the books littering the floor. "I haven't come here to fight-" Kai was cut off when a sharp pain could be felt in his chest and all he saw before falling forwards was Damon shouting to whoever had staked him.

Meanwhile, Jasmine was lounging around in bed when she felt a barrier around the house lift and a sense of freedom ignited inside of her. "Something is wrong." She mumbled to herself as she shot out of bed before regretting at the dizziness which occurred as a result of her getting up too fast.

She held onto the wall for support, feeling a sudden emptiness as if someone had happened. She no longer felt compelled to stay here and all she could think about was finding Kai. She changed out of her sweaty clothes into a pair of denim shorts and a black tank top. Quickly slipping on her black converse, Jasmine attempted to open the front door before stumbling slightly.

The warm air on her skin startled her first, she couldn't quite believe that she was out of the house without Kai. She wandered around at first, trying to navigate her way around with blurred vision.

 After what seemed like hours of tripping and stumbling, she had somehow made her way into the town centre on the lookout for Kai. Something had happened to him and she intended to go and try to help him but could barely walk two feet.

She ended up in the centre of Mystic Falls, she was falling and tumbling every step she took. The world was spinning at a speed that Jasmine couldn't keep up with. No one noticed the missing girl tripping over her every step as she attempted to find her way to the boarding house in search of her heretic.

"Oh my god! Jasmine?" A blonde woman with a baby bumb appeared in front of the sickly looking Jasmine. Jasmine squinted up at the woman whilst she was on her knees and recognised her to be Caroline Forbes. "Ka-" Jasmine collapsed in the arms for what seemed to be the hundredth time that week.