FOUR

If You Can't Hang

I hope he takes your filthy heart
And then he throws you away some day.

Jasmine woke up chained to the chair rather than tied with a fresh pair of clothes by her feet and Kai sat on a chair opposite her with a glint of something in his eyes that she couldn't quite decipher. The emotions in Kai's eyes were usually easy to work out, it was either rage or nothing.

"I went out yesterday and got you some clean clothes, being a good kidnapper and then came back to find out you tried to escape. That hurt me a lot, Jazzy, so I almost killed you in a fit of rage and here we are now." He stared at her waiting for a response but she just nodded at him, staring at the plain black tank top, grey sweatpants and the pack of underwear.

He pulled a key out a key from his pocket, unlocking the chains that bound her to the last chair in the motel room as the other one was in a pile in the corner of the room. The chains made a racket as they fell to the floor in a clump, she looked down at him while he unlocked the last of the chains on her ankles.

He picked her up from underneath her arms, steadying her as she felt slightly woozy from being thrown around the room by the strength of his magic. "You can go shower." He gestured towards the running water in the bathroom, she couldn't quite understand why he was being more than nice to her but she wasn't going to take it for granted. She scrambled for her new clothes and dashed to the mouldy bathroom which needed to be updated since it appeared decades old.

She wasted no time by shimmying her clothes off and stepping underneath the lukewarm water, to her surprise there was soap and shampoo in here that Kai must have bought when he disappeared for that hour yesterday. She stood under the water, thinking about the past five days of hell, letting the water wash the grime off her body.

She squirted a dollop of the strawberry scented shampoo and washed her hair, scrubbing it clean with her now clean hands. The water was turning grey with the amount of dirt that she was washing off her body. She felt more refreshed and much cleaner than she initially was. She massaged her sore hair, closing her eyes and enjoying the only peace she had managed to get for hundred and twenty hours she had endured.

She washed the shampoo out of her hair, the water turning almost black once again from the dirt that was in her hair. She scrubbed her body clean with the soap and shower gel that Kai had bought for her to use. Despite her feeling cleaner than she did before, she still didn't feel entirely clean. She still felt as grubby as she did before, no matter how much she scrubbed and washed.

She sobbed uncontrollably, the sound of running water masking the sounds of her cries, or so she hoped. Kai could hear her crying but he felt nothing about it, he didn't care about her misery or how homesick she felt. He had spent weeks researching and looking for a weakness in the Salvatore brothers, he had thought about Caroline but she was too obvious and they would have found her within days.

Jasmine Salvatore was a hidden gem, known as Jasmine Woods it wouldn't have rang alarm bells at first to the Salvatore's friends but it would have alarmed the brothers and they would have to spill the beans about not only just Sarah Salvatore but Jasmine Salvatore too. Jasmine resembled Damon a lot more than Sarah resembled either Salvatore brother, Jasmine could be passed off as Damon's sister, they looked that alike.

Stefan may have looked out for Sarah for nearly two decades but both of them looked out for their great niece four generations removed, especially Damon Salvatore. He had saved her life more times than Bonnie and he has fallen out over something petty. And that is why Kai's revenge plot was carefully thought out, Damon adored his niece and protected her at all costs but that one time he wasn't there looking out for her would break his heart.

Kai would drag Damon around the country looking for his niece before returning to Mystic Falls empty handed where Kai would be waiting for him, and after that Kai wasn't sure what he was going to do, he hadn't thought that far ahead. He would have planned that out but he saw his opportunity to snatch Jasmine and he had to take it.

Kai looked up when Jasmine stumbled out the bathroom in her new clothes with blotchy red cheeks and her grubby old clothes in her hands. She wasn't sure what she was supposed to do with them so she just placed them on the bed, her wet hair cascading down her back, leaving wet patches all over her new plain black tank top.

"You almost killed me, Kai." She began, breaking the silence that they both endured for those few minutes since she scurried out of the bathroom. She hadn't turned around from the bed, she stood to face the wall, her hands still on the pile of the clothes that were smeared with blood and dirt.

"And you don't feel any remorse? You're not bothered in the slightest that you nearly took an innocent human life?" She finished, turning around to face him with glassy eyes and all he did was stare back at her unaffected by her words.

"Jazzy, I'm a sociopath. You mean nothing to me. Those moments when I nearly took away that light behind your eyes were exhilarating, I felt alive." He remained unphased as her mouth was slightly agape at his words. Her stomach flipped but not in a good way, her heart rate had picked up at a considerable rate as she stared at the monster in front of her.

Malachai broke out into a fit of laughter at her reaction, if this was a normal man you would think it was because he was joking about what he said but she knew it was because she thought he was capable of remorse, capable of caring about something other than himself and revenge, because she thought that deep down her life meant a sliver of something to him.

"You really are an irredeemable piece of trash." She spat at him, ready to storm off somewhere but Kai used his magic to drag her back to where he was and she squealed in surprise as she was dragged back, hitting the wall with a louder thud than he intended.

"Say that again, Jazzy. Say it again, I dare you." He narrowed his eyes at the shaking girl who just stared at him in slight fear of what he would do. She knew his temper by now and she feared to be the subject of his wrath once again.

"I-I... You-Y-" Jasmine stammered uncontrollably as she avoided eye contact with Malachai. "C-C-Come on! Spit it out!" He mimicked her stuttering before exploding with anger, he raised his voice dramatically, shouting in her face, she flinched at the volume of his voice. She tried to back away before realising she already was against the wall.

"Come on Jasmine, say it to me again." He patronised her, jabbing her arm waiting for her to say it again but she couldn't, she couldn't bring herself to sass him back nor even look up at him. "Please, Kai, don't." She pleaded with a soft voice, her eyes glossed over with tears, praying that he wouldn't hurt her again.

His rage was interrupted by a loud knock on the door, surprising them both. He held up a finger to his lips to Jasmine before storming towards a door, swinging it open infuriated by whoever had interrupted.

"Hello Sir, we've had a noise complaint from countless customers. Can you keep the noise down?" A young man stood at the door, locking eyes with Jasmine, his widening at the missing girl. Her picture was all over the news and country in an attempt to find her and he recognised her immediately which Kai panicked slightly at.

Kai grabbed the man by the throat, Jasmine screamed out for Kai to stop it but it was too late. Kai was using his magic to make the innocent man's insides turn to mush. He dribbled blood, crying out in pain. Jasmine ran out the door trying to get Kai to stop but he pushed her back inside, her hitting her head on the ground pretty hard that it made her vision slightly blurred. She brought her hand to the back of her head and could make out the crimson liquid on her fingers.

"Kai, please stop." She called out but he ignored her pleads, once the man had finally collapsed and Kai was sure that he was dead, he smiled contently. As if he enjoyed the whole ordeal, Jasmine wanted to think that he didn't but deep down she knew that enjoyed it immensely.

"Incendia!" The body set ablaze in her blurred vision, she tried to push herself up to stop Kai but she hit her head too hard that she began to see black spots and eventually passed out on the ground, blood oozing out of her wound.

Don't forget to vote and comment.