SIXTEEN

Beetlebum

Beetlebum,
What you've done,
She's a gun.

Matt had luckily agreed to remain locked in bedroom after he helped Jasmine put Kai in his bed while he was unconscious for however long. There were so many unanswered questions running through her mind but all she could concentrate on was how innocent he looked while he was asleep.

Jasmine admired the intricate drawings on the wallpaper to pass the time but her thoughts kept drifting elsewhere. The fire that burned behind his eyes had unnerved the human, she had never seen anything like it and could not figure out what had happened to him. There was no doubt that he was possessed as Jasmine had seen Malachai when he was in a furious state and not once had he ever reacted like that.

The boy stirred in his sleep - mumbling something incoherent that she couldn't work out. A thin layer of sweat had coated his body as he thrashed around in his bed, throwing the duvet around with his legs. His body fell still for what Jasmine could make out to be for thirty seconds until he shot up screaming bloody murder, thrashing around like a mad man.

"Kai? Kai!" Jasmine shot up from the floor to the bedside where she wrapped an arm around Kai to calm him down but he was too panicked to even notice her presence. Jasmine hissed at the burning of her skin, quickly pulling her hand away from his burning body. It was as if his body was on fire but there was no flame - and the only way Jasmine knew how to put out a fire was to throw water on it.

Jasmine sprinted into the en suite in Kai's room looking for something she can put water in but found just about nothing but an empty bottle of water that she filled to the brim with the tap at the sink. She rushed herself back into the room where Kai was crying out in agony, panicking, she fumbled with bottle top in attempt to pour it all over Kai.

Finally, she managed to unscrew the lid with shaking hands and without thinking she poured the contents of the bottle onto the sweaty boy - he began to calm down immensely and could feel his own body temperature cool down.

"J-Jazzy?"

"What happened? Are you okay?" The girl sat next to the body who's breathing was completely erratic, she clutched onto his arm with sympathetic eyes, feeling her own heartbeat begin to slow down from the initial panic. 

"I-I was in Hell again. Esmer-Esmeralda was furious with me and she just ignited everything around me and set me ablaze, it was like I was truly stuck in Hell again." His panicked eyes shot around the room to make sure he was truly back in Mystic Falls.

"It was just a dream, you're okay." Jasmine assured the heretic but he just shook his profusely as in to say otherwise. "It wasn't a dream, I was truly in hell."

"You almost killed Matt-"

"What are you talking about?" Kai furrowed his eyebrows, cutting Jasmine off completely. He was sure he would remember almost killing somebody as he found immense pleasure from the crime.

"You were just so angry and your eyes- your eyes were burning with this fire that you cannot even begin to imagine and you nearly drank him dry but I practically shrieked your name and you just collapsed!" Kai watched Jasmine intently, thinking back to the time that she had been possessed by Esmeralda to teach Kai a lesson.

The infernum witch was meddling with them both and Kai knew he had to carry out the revenge plot soon enough before he is dragged back down to Hell. He had to push Jasmine away, he had to do everything he could to stop her from caring because she was chipping away at the spell and the more she chipped the more danger she was putting herself in.

Esmeralda knew that the spell was crumbling, even a powerful witch like her couldn't have a spell that was unbreakable. The thing that infuriated the witch was that a human teenage girl was the one who was causing the spell to crumble at her feet and that was worrying for both Esmerelda and Malachai.

"We need to talk to Matt - right now!" Kai shot up from his place in the bed, the water dripping from his hair but he was in too much of a blind panic to care. Jasmine curiously followed him into Matt's room - Matt held his hand up in defence, worried that Kai had come to attack him once again.

"Matthew! I need you to tell me everything that Damon and Stefan are doing to find Jasmine."

"Everything?" Matt seemed confused and reluctant to tell anything to Kai that could endanger Jasmine or even Stefan and Damon despite hating them but his hatred for Malachai Parker ran deeper through his veins.

"Every last detail, everything you know." Kai sat himself on the stool at the dressing table - crossing his arms with an expectant look.

"They know that it's someone supernatural from the security footage the night she was taken, they know that they've taken her to get back at them for something and they've been following dead end leads ever since then." Matt shrugged his shoulders, not breaking eye contact the whole time with Jasmine.

"Do they have any idea who has taken her?"

"They had some ideas but your name never came up since you were, you know, dead." Matt chuckled at his joke but Kai didn't find it in the slightest bit funny, Jasmine cringed at the way he tensed up and clenched his fists but let out an internal sigh of relief when he relaxed again. 

"Well, I'm here now and that's all what matters." He smirked before gesturing for Jasmine to follow him out of the room with the flick of his head.

He disappeared down the hall and Jasmine went to follow him until Matt called out her name before she had the chance to leave the room. "How can you stand to be near him? After everything he has done, you remember Elena and Bonnie right? You know what he did to them."

"He's changing, he's different now. I believe he has the chance for redemption and he needs me for that."

"You truly believe that?" Matt asked curiously, he was curious of how the girl has managed to survive this long with the sociopath, all his recognition of the Parker boy was pure evil and now glimpse of redemption was in sight for him.

"I know so."

Can I just say that Chris Wood is the king of side profiles? Like honestly his nose is the cutest thing ever and it just doesn't get any recognition.

That was probably the weirdest thing I have ever said but it's so true like oh my god look at the gif and then look at his nose.

Anyway, I think now you can see the change in attitude that Jasmine has towards to Kai but not so much the attitude Kai has towards Jasmine. I feel like it's probably annoying how slow their relationship is burning but to me it seems so unrealistic for Kai to fall in love with somebody or even trust somebody.

He has been betrayed multiple times in his life, even by Jasmine, which does some serious damage to somebody and also was locked in a prison world for eighteen years so he would know close to nothing about socialisation and love and on top of that, he has a curse put on him that doesn't allow him to feel any emotions except from anger and vengeance so no, he most definitely will not fall utterly in love with Jasmine for a very long time.

And if you don't like that then I suggest don't read on because it is one heck of a journey of going backwards and forwards in his true feelings.

Anyway, don't forget to vote and comment and sorry for the longest authors note that I have ever written.