TWENTY FIVE

505

I'd probably still adore you with your hands around my neck.

Jasmine awoke being in unfamiliar surroundings and that was the first thing that fuelled the panic in her chest. The second thing was Stefan Salvatore standing at the bottom of her bed with a concerned glance and folded arms.

"Don't be scared, we're family." Stefan's voice calm and comforting but Jasmine remained silent with wide eyes. She still looked exceedingly unwell and on the verge of her death. "I know who you are." She whispered, her voice hoarse from being asleep for however long she was knocked out for.

"Jasmine, we're only trying to help you." Stefan assured her but all that was on her mind was the thought of Kai lying dead in their house. Kai not being in her life anymore. 

"Where is Kai?" She demanded to know his whereabouts, she wanted to demand so much more. She wanted to go home and not to the home with her parents.

Kai's death had triggered something inside of her, all the feelings that she blamed on the compulsion were still surfacing in the depths of her mind and she had no where to place this pent up anger with herself and sad feeling in her chest over the loss of Kai.

"He's a bit tied up at the moment." Jasmine couldn't hear something over the buzzing in her ears and the black substance ejecting out of her mouth. It was thicker than ever, so thick and that she began choking and clutching at her neck as the venom kept pooling out of her mouth.

"Jasmine? Jasmine!" Stefan rushed to her rescue, the black substance getting all over her, him and the bed as she continously vomited up all the liquid that she hadn't had the chance to in the past few days. Damon appeared in the doorway with panicked eyes at the sound of Stefan's distressed voice.

"K-Kai!" Jasmine managed to choke out to Damon with glossed over eyes. He seemed confused at first but then he remembered what Kai had said about Jasmine needing him. Finally, the projectile vomitting stopped however the extent of the vomiting resulted in the fainting of Jasmine.

"We need to go see Kai." Damon stated. "Now."

Hours had passed before either them realised that Kai had to be their last resort. They didn't want to ask him for help but he could be the only one to know what was wrong with Jasmine. Damon stared up at the abandoned house that Kai was chained to a chair inside. It was the only safe place they could think of to place him.

"I was wondering when you'd come to me, it's about Jasmine's excessive vomiting right? Black gloop?" Kai smirked up at the vampire that had over a century on him. "What have you done to her? Make it stop!"

"You think I've done that to her? I've been trying to help her until you locked me up in here." Kai remained calm but inside it was eating away at him that Jasmine was gone and she was dying without him there to help her.

"If it wasn't you who did this, then who? And how long does she realistically have left?"

"No one of any significance and three quarters of a month maximum." Kai grimaced at the idea of Jasmine's short time left on Earth. He didn't know how to tell Damon, he didn't know what to tell Damon.

"Three quarters of a month maximum? What can we do?" Damon pursed his lips, distressed was the only emotion surfacing in both supernatural's stomachs. "We? Jasmine isn't your problem, she's mine so if you could just free me and we'll both be on our way." Kai jingled his chains, now understanding the frustration that Jasmine felt when Kai had her handcuffed to anything.

"All you have done is brought her pain, I'm not letting you hurt her ever aga-"

"I don't know if it has ever occurred to you Damon but I actually care about Jasmine and would never let harm come to her so if you could just let me help her!" Kai was panting frustratedly, wanting nothing more than to be in a close vicinity of the human again. He felt alone without her.

"For the first time in my life, I felt alive. Jasmine has done this to me and I would never let anything bad happen to her." Kai pleaded his case, not quite believing the words that were helplessly falling out of his mouth. He needed Jasmine. She wasn't just a hostage anymore, she wasn't just an acquaintance, she was his friend. His only friend.

"I still don't trust you, I will never trust you and if you betray us again then I'm sending you straight back down to Hell. One way or another." Damon threatened as he loosened the chains that bound Kai to the rickety wooden chair eventually falling to the floor, the clatter echoing off the walls in the empty room.

"Yeah whatever." Kai sauntered out of the house with Damon so close behind in fear of the heretic attempting to escape. They walked in silence to the car that Damon shoved Kai in, the only noise escaping Kai's lips was a grunt when being forced into a car.

"If I found out you did this to her-"

"I didn't, I would never intentionally hurt her like that." Kai sneered towards the raven haired vampire, then turning back around to face the window. Watching the blur of green as the trees passed by.

"Well, you see Kai. We all thought you felt like this about our dearest witch Bonnie. And then you hurt her so what is stopping you hurting Jasmine?" Damon pondered, genuinely curious about the relationship between Jasmine and Malachai.

"Jasmine is nothing like Bonnie. I changed and then she just ruined it all." Kai grumbled, he ignored Damon's scoff. "People don't change." Damon spat towards the heretic. 

He would never ever forgive Kai for what he is putting him through, he ripped his future away from him. He stole Elena away and the only thought that was consuming Damon's mind in the presence of Malachai was to tear him to shreds.

Kai paused for a moment, thinking about how Luke's emotions plagued him with feelings and Kai truly believed that he had changed for the better. That future of being normal was ripped away from him when Bonnie left him in that prison world, any chance of redemption for him was no gone.

"We aren't people." For the rest of the ride, the two of them sat in absolute silence as Damon digested his words slowly.

My first week of exams is over!! Only five more weeks to go now lol but anyway I think I might try and update every Friday/Saturday since that's when I'm not revising so yeah. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment!