TWENTY NINE

No One Knows

❝We get these pills to swallow,
How they stick in your throat.

Malachai entered the hospital room with caution and a breath caught in the back of his throat as he eyed the girl he had began to care for hanging on to her life. Damon was very, very close behind the heretic; he was unsure of what tricks the witch-vampire hybrid could pull on him. Damon couldn't bring himself to trust the heretic in the slightest ever again - not even for Jasmine.

"Jazzy, I'm here." Kai practically threw himself to be beside the brunette but he received no reply except the sound of her soft breaths and the heart monitor. "I don't think she's going to wake up again until we put her body into Winona's." Damon informed his opinion to the heretic but Kai just scoffed in response.

He knew Jasmine well enough that she was fighting for her life at this very moment. She wouldn't let some poison that Christian, a sad excuse for a heretic, had plagued her with kill her and neither would Kai.

"Jazzy. Esmeralda is back and I really need you here because I don't think I can stand against her alone again. I need you, Jazzy, more than you know." Kai pleaded the girl while clutching his cold hand in his that was just as cold. 

"Who is Esmeralda?" Damon dragged Kai away from Jasmine's sleeping form with a hard glare.

"She's just a nemesis that Jazzy and I both seem to have acquired, it's nothing that we can't handle." Kai shrugged off and avoided Damon's question as best as he could. Damon cocked his head to the side with a demanding look in his eyes as if he wasn't quite finished on the topic of Esmeralda.

"Alright, alright! It's an Infernum Witch that brought me back to life and has quite a strong disliking to any Salvatore blood because you may or may not have killed her in the twentieth century." Kai held his hands up in defence but Damon just smacked them down in a temper.

"We have an Infernum Witch that is hell bent on avenging her death by using Jasmine?" He hissed through gritted teeth. 

"Well pretty much. Amazed how you managed to infer that from my vague explanation." Kai chuckled, the chuckle that resembled his psychotic side to him.

"Kai? Is that you?" Jasmine groggily awoke to the sound of Kai's manic laughter despite it being like a melody to her.

"Yes, Jazzy, it's me." Kai returned to her bedside and clutched her hand like both their lives depended on it. Jasmine had been doing some thinking whilst in her constant slumbers that seemed to be recurring lately.

She most definitely and utterly had feelings for Kai Parker. They were so strong that they consumed all her thoughts and in truth the idea frightened her to the core. Adoring a sociopath that was beyond redemption was a concept that she never thought would happen to her yet it had and she was learning to accept it.

Kai was different with her. He showed her another side of him towards her, a side that she didn't think anybody had seen before. Kai saw her in a different light too despite their differences at the beginning of their relationship and he blamed her approaching death for making him feel pain and guilt.

"Esmeralda has unleashed Hell on Mystic Falls, we have to put your soul somewhere else immediately." Kai informed the girl. Jasmine was too drugged up to properly process his words but instead just sleepily beamed up at the boy that she internally just admitted feelings for. In truth, Malachai Parker made her stomach do more flips than a pancake on Shrove Tuesday and her heart beat faster than the speed of sound.