THIRTY ONE

You're in Love With a Psycho

  ❝You're in love with a psycho
And there's nothing you can do about it.❞  

Jasmine's hand fell limp but this time Winona's heart monitor maintained it's regular tone. Kai clutched his head, Bonnie watching him with a perplexed expression. Malachai Parker was glowing like a vibrant star amongst smaller, dimmer ones. 

He felt every single emotion under the sun flood through his body all at once, thanks to the simple words 'I love you.'

"I love you, Kai Parker."

Those five words clouded his mind as he clutched at his head in attempt to block out the emotions he thought he would never feel again. Jasmine Woods had broken the spell. For somebody to fall in love with someone who couldn't feel anything but anger and vengeance was the key to break the spell and Jasmine Woods was the only one to fit the equation.

"It's Jasmine. She's- She's broken Esmeralda's curse and now she is number one on her hit list. We have to get them both out of here." Malachai didn't need to go into depth because Bonnie was already on the phone to Damon to get a coffin at  3205 Ellington Street and a truck immediately. 

Another violent earthquake growled through Mystic Falls like a lion that hadn't eaten for days. Esmeralda was angry and would stop at nothing to disintegrate Malachai Parker and Jasmine Woods and anybody who tried to get in her way.

"How are we going to get Jasmine to wake up from the coma? She's taken on Winona's body, who's been in a coma for months, nearly a year." Bonnie walked over to Jasmine's sleeping form. Kai eyed Jasmine/Winona in the bed and then glanced at Jasmine's preserved body. There was the highest possibility that Jasmine may never get to return to her original body but nobody voiced that to her, knowing full well that she wouldn't have gone through with it.

She'd probably never get to go home again, she'd have to explain to her parents what had happened for the past four months and why she wasn't in her own body anymore. Kai didn't want to put her through that so he swore at the moment that he would stop at nothing to make sure they found a cure for Jasmine.

"I don't know."

"She said she loved you, didn't she?" Bonnie mused, she acted as if she hadn't heard her say the words but she did. They were ringing in her ears as Bonnie Bennett saw that it was impossible to love a psychopath like Malachai Parker. Kai nodded at Bonnie, his eyes never removing from Jasmine's old body.

"Do you love her?"

Kai clenched his fists into little balls, his knuckles turning white as Jasmine's pale skin. He glared at Bonnie, wondering how she thought she had the audacity to ask such a thing. "I don't think that concerns you Bon." He grunted through gritted teeth. 

Before things could escalate any further, a car door slammed from outside and the both of them knew that was Damon arriving with the truck and coffin for the two Jasmines . Kai scooped up Jasmine from her double bed before glaring at Bonnie one more time then leaving her alone in Jasmine's temporary bedroom.

Kai bumped shoulders with Damon on the stairs, signalling that he was in a bad mood. Kai stepped out in the March sun, holding Jasmine firmly in his hands and climbed into the back of the small truck where a coffin lay for Jasmine. Kai felt a melancholy feeling settle in his stomach as he laid the frail body into the coffin as if she was actually dead.

Malachai would never tell Jasmine this but he felt like she had died, Jasmine would never be Jasmine again unless she was in her original body. He lingered at her coffin for a moment before he pulled the lid down and sealed her body away from the outside world. Damon and Bonnie appeared at the shutters of the truck with Jasmine in the hospital bed and all the necessary equipment.