THIRTY THREE

Iris

❝When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am.❞

Jasmine fumbled with the straw in her drink as she glanced around the Mystic Falls Grill, nervously she eyed the people talking away despite the damage that had unfurled days ago outside. Jasmine felt as if she was going insane, as if she had been in a coma and had missed months worth of life. 

Empty: she felt all this passion and admiration inside of her but no where for her to invest it into, no one for her to direct it towards. A part of her was missing and the name Winona  Sullivan seemed foreign on her tongue every time an egotistical male approached her in the Mystic Falls Grill and forced her to introduce herself.

As well as the empty feeling that was suffocating her, she kept having these insane nightmares of images that didn't piece together. She dreaded when the sun finally disappeared and the moon plagued the sky, she dreaded when she had to go to sleep in fear of what she would see.

Jasmine's head turned at the presence of a male walking past her table, who was sporting a police uniform, she eyed the back of his head and desperately felt the need to approach him. Grabbing her bag and diet coke she followed the deputy up to the bar where he was ordering a lemonade.

"Excuse me?" The man immediately turned around and recognised the girl immediately but could never reveal that he knew of Jasmine Woods. Matt Donovan's eyes softened at the lost girl, the bags under her eyes shattering his heart. 

"How can I help you, Miss?" Matt smiled at the girl, having a soft spot for the younger girl. Jasmine panicked, she just followed the gut instinct to approach him and had no idea what she wanted to say to him. 

"I-I just thought I recognised you for a moment, I'm Winona." She held out her hand to shake and he gladly shook her hand before she stumbled away from him with widened eyes. 
"Death. Penny, Victoria and Kelly." Jasmine gasped out loud before furrowing her eyebrows without any recollection of what happened.

"Ja-Winona?" Jasmine backed away from the deputy with a frown firmly planted on her face. Swiftly, she turned away from Matt and exited the grill as quickly as humanly possible. Matt remained baffled but most of all concerned. Concerned for Jasmine and concerned for why he named an unknown woman and his mother and sister after announcing the dreaded word 'Death.' 

Clutching her bag's strap so hard that her knuckles were turning white, she stormed across the green before turning around hearing a laugh that she recognised but could only see a group of boys playing soccer on the grass. Jasmine paused watching them shout towards each other and laugh loudly but she could only hear one lot of laughter from the boy with the bright red t-shirt on. 

Jasmine chewed her lip before walking at a fast paced speed towards the group of boys. The one with the red t-shirt and shaggy brown hair turned and stared at the peculiar girl racing towards them. She halted in front of the boy, her eyes drifting towards the bold letters on his shirt.

'MISSING JASMINE WOODS.' were plastered right across his t-shirt along with a picture of Jasmine's yearbook photo and a number to call. She furrowed her eyebrows as she felt the boy's light brown eyes staring at her shocked expression. 

"Jasmine?" Jasmine's brother recognised the expression on the girl's face despite it not being his sister's physical form, he recognised the aura off the girl from anywhere. "I-I don't know." She turned around so quickly away from the boy and stormed away in the opposite direction where Matt was waiting for her with concern evident in his blue eyes.

"Come with me, Winona." The name Winona also feeling wrong coming from Matt's mouth, he wrapped his deputy coat around Jasmine's shivering form despite it not being cold. Without any hesitation she followed the man she had only met a few moments ago but she hoped that he could help her.

They drove in silence, she hugged his large jacket over her small frame as they pulled up at the large house that she had seen in her dreams. He ushered her up the drive and into the musty mansion where two males appeared in front of them with livid expressions. 

"Matthew? Can I talk to you for a moment?" The raven haired man cocked his head towards a door where the two men disappeared inside, leaving Jasmine and the blonde male who eyed Jasmine sympathetically.

"I'm Stefan." The man held out his hand shake and Jasmine went to shake Stefan's hand until the raven haired man and Matt appeared again. Kai had informed everybody about what he had done to Jasmine and some of them actually agreed with his drastic decision however Damon was reluctant to let his family leave. 

"So you must be Winona. I'm Damon, Matt said you're going to stay here today and you're going to tell us all about the visions you've been seeing." Damon smiled at the girl before taking her into a grand room with a roaring fire waiting for her.

"How do you know about my visions?" She asked the stranger as she struggled to keep up with the taller man. "The confused look in your eyes gives it all away." Jasmine remained puzzled at his response.

"And Matt may have also given me enough information for me to work it out." He smirked at the girl, finding comfort in spending time with his family. Stefan was different, he cared about Jasmine but he understood that growing an attachment to her will only put her in more danger.

"I get most of them in my dreams but today I got one when I shook Matt's hand." Jasmine played with her fingers and looked down at her lap in fear of looking up into Damon's piercing blue eyes. Damon remained silent as if to prompt her to carry on, she felt uncomfortable in the house and presence of a man she didn't know yet at the same time she felt as if she belonged there in a way.

"When I touched Matt, I felt death and the names Victoria, Penny and Kelly. And in my dreams, I see this h-house and fire. Lots of fire and destruction and then I see this little boy and his twin sister. He's lonely and miserable and I think his name is Parker."  Jasmine chewed the inside of her mouth nervously, Damon tensed up slightly and winced at the mention of Kai.

"If you touched my hand, would you feel anything then?" Damon asked wearily. Jasmine simply shrugged her shoulders and held her palm out for Damon to clasp his hand in. Damon gazed into her reluctant sapphire eyes and almost missing her old light brown ones. He gently placed his large hand in her small ones and winced at the small gasp that escaped her lips.

Jasmine scrunched her face up as the multiple images of various things appeared at a quick pace in her mind. "Gilbert, Bennett and Woods." She choked out as all three surnames sparked something inside of the raven haired vampire. Jasmine ripped her hand away from Damon's.

Panting, Jasmine shook her head with tears building up in her eyes. "I don't know what's wrong with me." She swallowed the lump in the back of her throat, tears brimming in her eyes threatening to spill over.

"Nothing is wrong with you but I'm going to call my friend and have her check you out."

I'VE FINISHED ALL MY GCSES I AM NOW LITERALLY FREE FOR 11 WEEKS TO DO WRITING AND POST THE REST OF THESE CHAPTERS

I'M LIKE SO HAPPY RN

Anyway, there is about eight chapters left of this not including the epilogue although I might rewrite the final chapter because I'm still not entirely happy with it. Thank you for reading this and thank for 9K reads.

I was also thinking since getting to 100K on Pure is getting closer and closer (still like 22K to go but whatever) that I might write a bonus chapter or something like that, if anybody would be interested in reading that?